Red Star Belgrade v FC Copenhagen Prediction & Betting Tips, 6th August 20195th August 2019 / lee
Red Star Belgrade v FC Copenhagen Champions League Preview, 6th August 7.45pm
Red Star Belgrade started this qualification campaign for the UEFA Champions League in the first round. They will be looking to make the most of home advantage here as they will get a tough trip to Denmark. Copenhagen entered qualification in the second round, beating The New Saints. Read our Red Star Belgrade v FC Copenhagen betting tips for more.
Red Star Belgrade v FC Copenhagen Betting Odds*
Red Star Belgrade 10/1
FC Copenhagen 10/3
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 5th, 2019 at 10:15 p.m.)
Red Star Belgrade News and Form
In the first qualifying round of this season’s campaign, Red Star took a 2-1 aggregate win over Suduva. Then they battled their way past HJK in the second qualifying round, but that was a squeeze. After winning the first leg at home 2-0, they lost 2-1 away. Red Star are W3 L1 in their last four home games and one of those was a win over Liverpool in last season’s group stage. So that’s not a bad home record and with their away record being much poorer, they have to take advantage here.
They didn’t get out of their group last season in the main draw, losing four of their six games (W1 D1). However, the fact that they had started the qualification campaign in the first round there, was impressive. They pulled off a shock against Red Bull Salzburg in the playoff round. The seasons before that they had started in the first qualifying round of the Europa League and made it to the main draw. So they have a bit of a pedigree. They need that home form to stand up. They have lost just one of their last dozen European home fixtures.
Red Star Belgrade v FC Copenhagen Head to Head
This will be the first meeting between the two teams
FC Copenhagen News and Form
What will Copenhagen be able to come up with against the Serbians? They entered qualifying in the last round, taking a 3-0 aggregate win over The New Saints. Copenhagen have some playing time under their belt this season as they have also played four games of the new domestic season. They have won all four of their league games played this term, averaging over two goals per game.
Last season they were in the Europa League which they had to come from the first round of qualifying to reach. They didn’t get out of the group stage in the main draw. The last time that they attempted the qualification for the UEFA Champions League was in the 2017/18 season when they fell at the playoff round stage. Copenhagen are just W3 D4 L3 in their last ten European games, two of those wins, as mentioned was against The New Saints in the last round.
Red Star Belgrade v FC Copenhagen Tips & Odds
Who will win – Red Star Belgrade v FC Copenhagen Predictions
We fancy the home win being churned out in some fashion, but also fancy a look at both teams to get on the scoresheet. It could be a pretty decent game this, but given the winning form that Red Star have produced, they should get the advantage in the first leg.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, FC Copenhagen, FC Copenhagen Champions League, Red Star Belgrade, Red Star Belgrade Champions League, Red Star Belgrade v FC Copenhagen