Reading v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 201920th April 2019 / lee
Reading v West Brom Championship Preview, 22nd April 3.00pm
Reading have based their survival off of their home form this season pretty much. They have won their last two home games and a third in a row would ease their relegation worries. West Brom are still on course for a solid top six finish. Read our Reading v West Brom betting tips for more.
Reading v West Brom Betting Odds*
West Brom evens
* (Betting Odds were taken from Paddy Power on April 16th, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.)
Reading News and Form
Reading picked up a great three points from their last home game, a 2-1 success over Brentford. That is back to back wins that they have taken on home soil now and they have won three of their last four at the Madejski. Overall this season they have taken a W8 D4 L9 record at home and they haven’t managed to earn a clean sheet in any of their last six on home soil.
Each of their last four there have gone over 2.5 goals as well. Of Reading’s eight home wins, five of them have been by a one-goal margin. They have averaged at 1.4 goals per home game with 67% of their home fixtures going over 2.5 goals. They have struggled for clean sheets though with three managed all season at home. Over the last eight rounds of Championship action, only four teams had picked more points than Reading had done heading into the weekend action.
Reading v West Brom Head to Head
Reading have won their last two home games against West Brom in all competitions
West Brom collected a 4-1 home win over the Royals in October
Each of the last three meetings have gone over 3.5 goals
Reading are unbeaten in their last ten home games against the Baggies
West Brom News and Form
The away form of West Brom hasn’t been great lately. They have lost three of their last four on the road, winning the other one. The win was over mid-table Brentford. The Baggies are at W11 D3 L7 this season on their travels in the Championship. They are one of the higher-scoring teams in the league and they have averaged 1.6 goals per away game this season.
West Brom have taken a clean sheet in a quarter of their away games this term. West Brom have only managed the three goals in their last four away games, failing to score in two of those. Of the eleven away wins that they have recorded, eight of them have been by a one-goal margin. They have not been involved in an away draw in their last 15 played now. They could face a tricky test at the Madejski.
Who will win – Reading v West Brom Predictions
Reading haven’t done bad on home soil recently and they may be able to dig out a point in this one. The Baggies haven’t had the best of time on the road recently so the draw in the match outright at 23/10 does have some appeal, especially with the Royals so badly not wanting to lose this* (Betting Odds were taken from Paddy Power on April 16th, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Atletico Madrid v Getafe Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Wolves v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th August 2019
- Sheffield United v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Chelsea v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Reading v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Sunderland v Portsmouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
- Southampton v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Reading, Reading championship, Reading v West Brom, West Brom, West Brom Championship