RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 201921st October 2019 / lee
RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg Champions League Preview, 23rd October 5.55pm
This is Group G action, which is living up to its billing of being a wide-open affair. Zenit are leading the way on the tiebreaker over Lyon at the top of the table, having collected four points from their first two games. Leipzig are hot on their heels just a point back though. Read our RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg betting tips for more.
RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg Betting Odds*
RB Leipzig 8/15
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 20th, 2019 at 9:02 p.m.)
RB Leipzig News and Form
Leipzig can ill afford another slip up on home soil. The Germans suffered their home defeat against Lyon which saw them miss a big opportunity as they had won their opening game of the campaign against Benfica. Their victory over Benfica on match day one gave them their third win in what was their seventh Champions League fixture only.
But their 2-0 home reverse against Lyon was a big setback. In their first-ever Champions League group stage campaign in the 2017/18 season, RB Leipzig claimed seven points to finish third. They then went on the quarter-finals of the Europa League. The Bundesliga outfit have won 7 of 13 home games in European action (D2 L4). They have only managed to take the one win in their last four there though (D1 L2).
RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg Head to Head
The two previously met in the 2017/18 Europa League
Leipzig claimed a 2-1 home
There was then a 1-1 draw St Petersburg
Zenit St Petersburg News and Form
Zenit have made a positive start to the group collecting four points. They started with a 1-1 draw at Lyon and then took a comfortable home win over Benfica. That was just their second win in their last seven European fixtures though (D1 L4). So they have been struggling for a bit of from. They are on a winless streak often out on the road in Europe (D3 L7).
Zenit haven’t won an away game since 2017 in the competiton. They are the Russian champions and they are in their seventh Champion League group stage campaign. They last made a trip to Germany in 2018 when they visited Leipzig. It has been back to back defeats for Zenit there.
RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg Tips & Odds
Who will win – RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg Predictions
A comfortable win to nil at home for Leipzig may well play itself out here. Zenit are not a major threat out on their travels in European action, while Leipzig have shown that they hit a bit of goal-scoring form. Home win to nil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, RB Leipzig, RB Leipzig Champions League, RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg, Zenit St Petersburg, Zenit St Petersburg Champions League