Rangers v Shkupi Prediction & Betting Tips – UEFA Europa League11th July 2018 / lee
Rangers v Shkupi UEFA Europa League, 12th July 7.45pm
Steven Gerrard will take charge of his first competitive game with Rangers as he oversees them in their UEFA Europa League first qualifying round game against Shkupi on Thursday night. It’s not exactly the most difficult introduction to management for the Liverpool legend but he will want to ensure that the Gers get up and running comfortably in this early summer fixture. Our Rangers v Shkupi betting tips lean heavily in favour of the Scottish outfit.
Rangers v Shkupi Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from July 11th, 2018 at 00:46 a.m.)
Rangers News and Form
It has already been a busy summer for new Rangers boss Steven Gerrard. He has been dipping into the transfer market, having made nine signings for the club already, the latest captures being striker Sadiq Umar and Mali midfielder Lassana Coulibaly. They have just gone to Inbox on loan for a season. So there are a lot of pieces for Gerrard to put together but the Gers are heavy odds-on favourites to win this one. It should not be too much trouble for them to bank a clean sheet here and a Rangers to win to nil option is at 1/2 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from July 11th, 2018 at 00:46 a.m.). Things didn’t go well in last seasons’ European campaign for Rangers under Pedro Caixinha as they lost 2-1 against Luxembourg side Progres Niederkorn in what was their first European tie in six years.
Rangers have gotten a couple of friendly matches under their belt, beating New Saints 3-1 and then Bury 6-0. They really should grab this opportunity to put a comfortably big win on the board at Ibrox and a Rangers 3-0 correct score is at 6/1 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from July 11th, 2018 at 00:46 a.m.). It’s probably not worth going bigger as this is early summer as each of Rangers’ last eight European home games have ended with less than three goals. Rangers too will be lacking match sharpness and fitness and Gerrard will still be figuring out a lineup. There is also a good option of there being 2 or 3 goals in Total in the game at BetVictor for 7/5 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from July 11th, 2018 at 00:46 a.m.).
Shkupi News and Form
Macedonian side Shkupi are breaking new ground here as this is their first ever foray into UEFA competition. That is because they were only formed six years ago. In last season’s Macedonian top flight they finished fourth to get this first chance at Europa League campaign. Naturally, they are underdogs here and it could be to a fair degree as well.
Rangers v Shkupi Head to Head
This is the first meeting between the two clubs and the first time that Rangers have met Macedonian opponents. The winner of this game will face either Petrocub Hincesti or Osijek in the second qualifying round.
Who will win – Rangers v Shkupi Predictions
We see a comfortable start for Steven Gerrard coming in this one. The Macedonians should be well out of their depth at Ibrox even against a Rangers side who are not totally going to be up to speed. We like the look of a Rangers 3-0 correct score option.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wigan v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st September 2018
- Villarreal v Rangers Prediction & Betting Tips - 20th September 2018
- Arsenal v Vorskla Prediction & Betting Tips - 20th September 2018
- Celtic v Rosenborg Prediction & Betting Tips - 20th September 2018
- PAOK Saloniki v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips - 20th September 2018
- Middlesbrough v Bolton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2018
- Sheffield United v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2018
- West Brom v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2018
- Valencia v Juventus Prediction & Betting Tips - 19th September 2018
Tags: Rangers, Rangers UEFA Europa League, Rangers v Shkupi, Shkupi, Shkupi UEFA Europa League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Europa League Odds