PSV v FC Basel Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd July 201923rd July 2019 / lee
PSV v FC Basel UEFA Champions League Preview, 23rd July 7.00pm
This could be quite the duel for these competitors looking to secure a place in the group stage of this season’s Champions League down the line. PSV were the runners up in the Eredivisie last season. They will be facing a Basel side who have a great record against Dutch opposition though. Losers go to the Europa League. Read our PSV v FC Basel betting tips for more.
PSV v FC Basel Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on July 21st, 2019 at 8:12 p.m.)
PSV News and Form
PSV couldn’t get the better of their great rivals Ajax in the Eredivisie last season, finishing three points behind them in the race for the title. So they are making another run at the Champions League. They were in the group stage of last season’s competition having qualified from entry at the playoff round. They have further to go this season to get back to the main draw.
In last season’s group stage, they failed to win any of their six games (D2 L4) in a tough group against Spurs, Barcelona and Inter Milan. They will want to make the most of home advantage, however, they have taken just one win in their last ten European home games (D3 L6). PSV have managed only one clean sheet in their last ten European fixtures. The Dutch side has a 37% win rate in Champions League games from 167 played.
PSV v FC Basel Head to Head
This will be the first meeting between the two clubs
FC Basel News and Form
FC Basel also took a second-place finish in their respective league campaign last season. They finished a whopping 20 points behind winners Young Boys and Basel themselves were 25 points above third-placed Lugano. The interesting thing going into this tie is that Basel holds a six-match undefeated history against Dutch sides, winning five of those. Last season Basel were dumped out of the qualification campaign at this very stage against PAOK.
Switzerland have just opened their domestic season, with Basel collecting a 4-1 win over Sion. FC Basel’s record in the Champions League/Europa Cup is about a 40% win rate from 118 played. Just recently as the 2017/18 they were last sixteen finishers in the competition. Their best-ever performance in the European Cup was back in the 1973/74 season when they were losing quarter-finalist.
PSV v FC Basel Tips & Odds
Who will win – PSV v FC Basel Predictions
This should be a good contest and we feel it is worth backing both teams to get on the scoresheet in the game. PSV, although they have faced some tough opposition in the sequence, have one win in their last ten home games. FC Basel with their record against Dutch opposition may be worth a look.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: FC Basel, FC Basel UEFA Champions League, psv, PSV UEFA Champions League, PSV v FC Basel, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Champions League odds