Preston v Stoke Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 201920th August 2019 / lee
Preston v Stoke Championship Preview, 21st August 7.45pm
Preston have taken a couple of hits already this season and will be keen not to let their home form slip away from them. So this is a big game for them against a Stoke side who have had some major troubles. The Potters have just the one point to show for their efforts in the first three games. Read our Preston v Stoke betting tips for more.
Preston v Stoke Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 20th, 2019 at 9:40 p.m.)
Preston News and Form
Preston will be able to take some comfort from the fact that they did win their one home game played this season. That was a 3-0 success over Wigan. That was sandwiched between losses out at Millwall and Swansea though. It is a harsh blow to score two goals in an away match and still lose as they did at Swansea. So can they lift themselves back up at Deepdale? The Lilywhites did do alright on home soil last season in the Championship. They took a W8 D10 L5 home record and scored at an average of 1.8 per fixture.
Preston v Stoke Head to Head
Preston have scored at least two goals in each of their last three home games against Stoke
Preston are unbeaten in the last three Championship meetings
Stoke are D1 L2 in their last three league visits to Preston
Only three of the last nine meetings have gone over 2.5 goals
Stoke News and Form
Stoke have stumbled out of the starting blocks in the Championship. Back to back defeats against QPR and Charlton started their season, but then they at least stopped the losing rot with a 2-2 draw at home against Derby on the weekend. So that was a step in the right direction at least.
Can they secure their first victory of the new season? The goals at least have been coming from them and all five of their strikes this term have come from different players. The Potters badly struggled for away wins in the last campaign, managing just the three of them (D13 L7) so punters will have every reason to be wary about backing them.
Preston v Stoke Tips & Odds
Who will win – Preston v Stoke Predictions
Preston should be able to get their foot down at Deepdale and pick up three points. There is nothing for them to fear about the visitors who have looked porous at the back. Home win, but both teams to score.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Preston, Preston Championship, Preston v Stoke, Stoke, Stoke Championship