Preston v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th February 201911th February 2019 / lee
Preston v Norwich Championship Preview, 13th February 7.45pm
Norwich strengthened their position at the top of the table on the weekend with a good win over rivals Ipswich in the East Anglian derby. Can they push on further as they head out to face Preston? Preston are down in the bottom half of the table but have put together some good form lately. Read our Preston v Norwich betting tips for more.
Preston v Norwich Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 10th, 2019 at 11:44 p.m.)
Preston News and Form
Preston got a good 2-1 away win at Bolton on the weekend, making it a five-match undefeated streak of form for them in the division (W3 D2). So that alone makes this a tricky away game for leaders Norwich. On home soil Preston have drawn each of their last three, their most recent being against playoff hopefuls Derby. Preston’s home record is W5 D7 L3 this season. They have scored pretty well too at Deepdale, averaging 1.9 goals per game there.
Each of Preston’s last three home games have ended up under 2.5 goals. However, 60% of all of their home games have finished above the line, with 53% of league games at Deepdale this season seeing at least four goals in them. Both teams have scored in 80% of Preston’s home games. Whilst Preston are without a win in their last four home games, they have only lost one of their last ten league home fixtures. They have opened the scoring in nine of their fifteen home games.
Preston v Norwich Head to Head
Norwich were 2-0 winners at home against Preston in August
Norwich are unbeaten in four against North End (W2 D2)
Preston are winless in three Championship home games against Norwich (D1 L2)
Norwich News and Form
Norwich got three points out of a feisty East Anglian derby against Ipswich on the weekend. That is back to back league wins for Norwich now, the Canaries scoring exactly three goals in those two wins. The derby win also pushed Norwich on to a six-match undefeated streak of Championship form. Overall this season they are W7 D7 L1 on their travels this season. They won their last away game, a huge top-two clash against Leeds.
Norwich have averaged 1.7 goals per away game this season. They are currently undefeated in their last thirteen away games, scoring in each of their last five. Norwich have no clean sheet in three on the road. At the half time break, Norwich have been level in nine of their road games. It is well worth noting that they have scored 70% of all their league goals this season in the second half of fixtures. They may need to show some patience against Preston.
Preston v Norwich Tips & Odds
Who will win – Preston v Norwich Predictions
The draw actually has some appeal in this one. Preston have been doing alright at home recently. Norwich have played out a draw in two of their last three league away games. We are backing Preston to get a point out of this midweek action.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Blackburn v Bolton Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Wigan v Preston Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Brentford v Leeds Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Stoke v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Reading v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Derby v QPR Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Rotherham v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Everton v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st April 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Norwich, Norwich Championship, Preston, Preston Championship, Preston v Norwich