Preston v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th September 201927th September 2019 / lee
Preston v Bristol City Championship Preview, 28th September 3.00pm
Preston have put together a really strong start to the Championship season and are on a five-match undefeated streak of form in the second tier. Will they be able to extend that as the face up to another of the in-form teams? Bristol City are unbeaten in seven league games. Read our Preston v Bristol City betting tips for more.
Preston v Bristol City Betting Odds*
Bristol City 13/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 25th, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.)
Preston News and Form
Preston are W5 D1 L2 this season and the two defeats for them happened in their first three games but they have more than steadied the ship since then. The Lilywhites have dropped just one point from their last five league games. Last weekend it was a 1-0 success away at Birmingham that they took, also making it back-to-back clean sheets in the league. So they can be more than happy with where they are at right now.
They have won all four home games too, scoring at least two goals in each of those victories. No teams in the league has better home form than Preston have put on the board at Deepdale. They have also opened the scoring in seven of their eight league games this season and only one team in the division has scored more than they have (West Brom). So it is all looking peachy for them. Two-thirds of their goals this season have been first-half strikes.
Preston v Bristol City Head to Head
Preston earned four points against Bristol City last season
Bristol City are winless in 12 games against Preston
Preston’s last three wins over the Robins have been by a one-goal margin
There was a 1-1 draw at Deepdale last season
Bristol City News and Form
A seven-match undefeated streak of form is where Bristol City are at right now. They earned a good point for themselves last weekend in a 0-0 draw against the high-flying Swansea. That was just their second clean sheet of this campaign. The Robins have done better away from home than they have done at Ashton Gate. They are W3 D1 out on the road so far but are still looking for their first away clean sheet.
Three of their four league away games have ended up over 2.5 goals in this campaign. Bristol City have scored at least two goals in each of their last three on the road. They have hit the back of the net in each of their last seven games, home and away and have scored at least two. In last season’s Championship, Bristol City had a strong end to the season away from home. They have now strung together a six-match undefeated streak on their travels (W4 D2). Bristol City haven’t earned an away clean sheet in twelve league fixtures.
Preston v Bristol City Tips & Odds
Who will win – Preston v Bristol City Predictions
This should be a close game. You have two confident, strong teams locking horns at Deepdale. That makes it tough to pick a winner. It may be just worth leaning towards the draw in this one because neither are going to roll over softly. Draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Bristol City, Bristol City Championship, Championship, Championship odds, Preston, Preston Championship, Preston v Bristol City