Portugal v Ukraine Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd March 201919th March 2019 / lee
Portugal v Ukraine Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 22nd March 7.45pm
This could be quite the compelling game. Portugal are long odds-on favourites to win the match, but they face a Ukraine side who have been shaping up pretty well recently. The visitors may well come and frustrate their hosts on the night. Read our Portugal v Ukraine betting tips for more.
Portugal v Ukraine Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
Portugal v Ukraine Preview
Even though Portugal are the reigning European champions they to have to qualify for Euro 2020. That is because of the big shakeup that the tournament as having next year. During the Nations League, Portugal put in a very strong campaign and that was without Cristiano Ronaldo getting involved. Portugal won their group ahead of Italy and Poland. There was no participation from Ronaldo who was given time off to go and settle in Turin following his summer move from Real Madrid to Juventus.
In their two Nations League home games Portugal took a win over Italy and were held to a draw by Poland. The Portuguese are unbeaten in six since the start of September last year. They have actually only suffered one defeat in their last 13 games which was their loss against Uruguay in the round of 16 at the 2018 World Cup. Adrien Silva has scored two of their last four goals.
The Ukraine do seem to be having a bit of an upswing in form at the moment. They didn’t make it to World Cup 2018 as they were beaten out in their group to the qualification race by Iceland and Croatia. Ukraine did win their Nations League group though ahead of the Czech Republic and Slovakia, Ukraine winning three of the four games. Out on the road, they took a victory in the Czech Republic, but they surprisingly took a huge 4-1 loss in Slovakia.
That lost against Slovakia is their only defeat in their last 10 international games, Ukraine winning five of those. Granted in that run of 10 games Ukraine haven’t been up against much high quality opposition, but in their last four games they have taken a win over the Czech Republic and have held out for draws against Italy and Turkey. So their confidence should be in a good place at the moment. The last time Ukraine and Portugal met was in World Cup 1998 qualification, with the two trading one-goal margin home wins.
Who will win – Portugal v Ukraine Predictions
This may end up being a tight game between the two of them. Portugal should just shade thing on home soil though as they have been running in some pretty decent form lately. Portugal to win to nil at even money* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- France Women v USA Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Venezuela v Argentina Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Norway Women v England Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th June 2019
- Netherlands Women v Japan Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Italy Women v China Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Croatia U21 v England U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- France U21 v Romania U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Chile v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Ecuador v Japan Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Portugal, Portugal Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Portugal v Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine Euro 2020 Qualifiers