Paddy Power settle on Premier League win for Man City8th December 2017 / lee
The Premier League season isn’t even half way through yet, but bookmaker Paddy Power has decided that enough is enough and have decided to pay out super early on Manchester City winning the title. The Citizens go into Sunday’s heavyweight Manchester derby clash with United holding an eight point advantage over their rivals and another three points would pretty much leave everyone else further eating their dust.
The Citizens were back at 15/8 in the ante post market for the Premier League title this season but they have stormed out of the gates to post a phenomenal W12 D1 L0 record for the season, and Paddy Power are clear in their belief that they aren’t going to be caught by anyone now from their strong vantage point.
Spokesman Paddy Power said: “We’ve fully bought into the hype and can’t see who will come close to Pep’s lads this season.
“Being at the Etihad feels like watching Guardiola’s Barcelona side. So we’re rewarding the shrewd punters that knew they’d walk it this year.”
The Citizens can be backed at a general 1/7 odds-on price at other bookmakers with the Red Devils back at around 10/1. However, if the Red Devils were to win on Sunday, that would breathe a bit of life back into the title race, because it will cut the gap to five points, stop City’s momentum and there is the busy and testing Christmas period coming up.
It’s not often that you’re going to see United at 5/2 to win a league home game, but that is the size of the task ahead of them on the weekend. Manchester United have posted seven wins from seven at Old Trafford this season in the top flight and will appeal to punters at that price. City will set a new Premier League record for conservative wins with a triumph at Old Trafford.
Mentioned offers may be restricted to new customers, T&C's apply. Older offers may be not valid anymore. See details directly at the bookmaker's website. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Genoa v Milan Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st January 2019
- Bolton v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st January 2019
- Napoli v Lazio Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
- Fulham v Tottenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
- Huddersfield v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
- Southampton v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
- Newcastle v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
- Manchester United v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
- Liverpool v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
Tags: early pay out, Manchester City, Paddy Power, Premier League, premier league winner