Paddy Power pay out early on Mourinho exit29th August 2018 / lee
He hasn’t gone anywhere yet but bookmaker Paddy Power has already written the end of Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United managerial career. The Special One has been under huge stress since the summer and with back to back defeats suffered in the opening three league games of the new season, he’s not a happy camper.
So much so that Paddy Power has already decided to pay out on Mourinho being the next Premier League Manager To Go. Just last week the bookmaker had Mourinho at 7/1 in the market but was slashed to 9/2 (betting odds taken on August 28th, 2018 at 11:11pm).
However, after their Monday night drubbing at home against Spurs, he was cut down even further and clearly, the bookmakers think that it just about the last straw for him. You can still take odds of 5/4 on Mourinho to leave before Christmas 2018 (betting odds taken on August 28th, 2018 at 11:11pm)
There is also just the general and now very low odds of 4/9 on him to leave Old Trafford this season (betting odds taken on August 28th, 2018 at 11:11pm).
The Red Devils are now a huge 50/1 shot at Paddy Power to win the Premier League 2018/19 while the bookmaker has them in at 1/5 odds to win NO trophies this season.
It’s all mounting up against Mourinho who takes United to Turf Moor to face Burnley on the weekend. The Red Devils are 11/10 to make a top-four finish in the Premier League this season (betting odds taken on August 28th, 2018 at 11:11pm).
Zinedine Zidane (2/1) is the favourite to succeed Mourinho, ahead of current Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino (6/1) (betting odds taken on August 28th, 2018 at 11:11pm).
“I doubt there’d be much mourning, or a funeral, at Old Trafford if and when Mourinho is sacked – the only procession in Manchester this season is City’s to the title.”
The Paddy Power Payout applied to singles placed up to 8:30pm on Monday 27 August 2018. Applies to Sack Race, Leave Before Xmas and Leave Before May 2019 markets only.
Mentioned offers may be restricted to new customers, T&C's apply. Older offers may be not valid anymore. See details directly at the bookmaker's website. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Genoa v Milan Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st January 2019
- Bolton v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st January 2019
- Napoli v Lazio Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
- Fulham v Tottenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
- Huddersfield v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
- Southampton v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
- Newcastle v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
- Manchester United v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
- Liverpool v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
Tags: Jose Mourinho, Manchester United, manchester united premier league odds, next manager to go, Premier league next manager to go