Oxford v Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 29th October 201928th October 2019 / lee
Oxford v Sunderland EFL Cup Preview, 29th October 7.45pm
This is a battle between two League One sides who will be battling it out for a place in the quarter-finals. Both are going well in their respective league campaigns, pushing towards a place in the Championship next season. Which of them will make progress to the next round of the League Cup? Read our Oxford v Sunderland betting tips for more.
Oxford v Sunderland Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 28th, 2019 at 4:23 p.m.)
Oxford News and Form
Oxford are on a three-match winning streak at the moment and will, therefore, be in a great frame of mind to challenge in this one. They have won their last two home games, both 3-0 successes in league action. They have been scoring really well have the U’s as they have netted at least two goals in each of their last four games. They are undefeated in their last eight games in all competitions now.
In this season’s League Cup they have played all three of their ties at home. They opened with wins over Peterborough and Millwall, but then came their big success. They then thumped Premier League side West Ham 4-0 at the Kassam Stadium. That was a tremendous result for them and shows what they are capable of. Oxford have won through in four of their last five home ties in the League Cup.
Oxford v Sunderland Head to Head
The two played out a 1-1 draw in a league meeting in August
Each of the last three meetings have ended in a 1-1 draw
A draw has happened in five of the last six meetings
Sunderland are W3 D4 L1 against Oxford in the head to head
Sunderland News and Form
Sunderland have been struggling to get their consistency going. They have taken a poor W1 L3 record in their last four games played and in each of those defeats, they failed to hit the back of the net. They have lost each of their last three away games as well, all again without having scored a single goal. So they haven’t quite been on their game have the Black Cats.
They do have away from going under their belt in the League Cup. All three games that they have played in this season’s competition have been away from the Stadium of Light, and they have won each of them in 90 minutes. They too have beaten Premier League opposition, as they took a 1-0 win in the last round against Sheffield United. The Black Cats have lost just to their last nine away ties in the League Cup.
Oxford v Sunderland Tips & Odds
Who will win – Oxford v Sunderland Predictions
Oxford have been scoring freely while Sunderland have been having their struggles putting goals on the board away from home. So that really only leads to one conclusion and that would be the home win in the tie.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: EFL Cup, EFL Cup odds, Oxford, Oxford EFL Cup, Oxford v Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland EFL Cup