Norwich v Newcastle Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 201916th August 2019 / lee
Norwich v Newcastle Premier League Preview, 17th August 3.00pm
Norwich had a thankless task on the opening day of the new season as they had to go and make a trip to Anfield where they were heavily beaten by Liverpool. This is really where the season starts for them and they have a shot at three points at home against Newcastle. The Magpies fell to a tame home defeat against Arsenal. Read our Norwich v Newcastle betting tips for more.
Norwich v Newcastle Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 14th, 2019 at 6:12 p.m.)
Norwich News and Form
The Canaries will look at things and be in the mindset that their new season starts here. That 4-1 defeat at Anfield last weekend was a game that the Canaries were never likely to get anything from. They can write that off. However, as a huge positive, the newly-promoted side played some very good football and they did win the second half 1-0. That’s no mean feat so there could be positive things to come from them.
They will entertain at Carrow Road. Teemu Pukki got their goal at Anfield and after his prolific season for them in the Championship, he needs to go well. Pukki is the 5/1 first goalscorer favourite* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 14th, 2019 at 6:12 p.m.). Norwich went W15 D4 L4 on home soil in the Championship last season with no defeat at Carrow Road happening in 2019.
Norwich v Newcastle Head to Head
Norwich and Newcastle last met in the 2016/17 Championship
Each of the last four meetings have gone over 3.5 goals
Norwich are unbeaten in seven home games against the Magpies
The Canaries won their last EPL fixture against Newcastle 3-2
Newcastle News and Form
The Magpies lost their home opener of the 2019/20 campaign, a 1-0 loss against Arsenal. While that was a tough game for new boss Steve Bruce, they didn’t exactly rattle the visitors. The longer the second half went on, the more and more Newcastle faded from the game and they didn’t really look tactically aware of what they were doing. If they lose out at Carrow Road against the newly promoted Canaries, then there’s going to be some big early pressure on Bruce.
Newcastle only won four away games in the last campaign (D8 L7) and it is not too surprising that the bookies have them as underdogs at all. They averaged less than a goal per away game last season. Newcastle do have their big summer signing Joelinton of course, but he was a little wasteful against the Gunners. The quicker he gets off the mark the better to settle nerves as the club’s most expensive player ever. Only 37% of Newcastle’s away games last season went over the 2.5 goals and that was because they were not all that bad at the back.
Norwich v Newcastle Tips & Odds
Who will win – Norwich v Newcastle Predictions
Even though they were beaten heavily Norwich played some fine football at Anfield against Liverpool. In front of the Carrow Road faithful, the Canaries should be able to pick up a good three points for themselves here. Newcastle looked as if they had no game plan whatsoever last weekend.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Eibar v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Atletico Madrid v Valencia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leeds v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Bayer Leverkusen Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th October 2019
- Stoke v Fulham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Blackburn v Huddersfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Cardiff v Sheffield Wednesday Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th October 2019
- Sweden v Spain Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- Switzerland v Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
Tags: Newcastle, Newcastle premier league, Norwich, Norwich Premier League, Norwich v Newcastle, Premier League, Premier League odds