Norwich v Aston Villa Prediction & Betting Tips, 5th October 2019 4th October 2019 / lee
Norwich v Aston Villa Premier League Preview, 5th October 3.00 pm
It’s not been an easy season for either of these newly promoted clubs and there is a massive three points up for grabs here. They are both inside the bottom four, Norwich holding a one-point advantage over the Villains. This is such an important clash, so will home advantage do it for the Canaries? Read our Norwich v Aston Villa betting tips for more.
Norwich v Aston Villa Betting Odds*
Aston Villa 9/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 3rd, 2019 at 9.46 p.m.)
Norwich News and Form
Norwich have lost their last two league games, both 2-0 losses at Burnley and Crystal Palace. They will be keen to get back to Carrow Road and take on Villa in this one. The home form of Norwich is W2 L1 this season and they have scored at least two goals in each of those three games. They are finding the goals hard to come by at the moment though, having failed to score in three of their last four top-flight games.
Norwich are yet to pick up a clean sheet this season, having conceded at least two goals in each of their last five. The Canaries do have a four-match winning streak at home going against Villa and each of their last four against them have gone over 2.5 goals. This points to a high scoring game, but can the Canaries do enough to come out on top?
Norwich v Aston Villa Head to Head
The Canaries won both league meetings last season 2-1 in the Championship
Both teams have scored in each of the last four
Each of the last four meetings have gone over 2.5 goals
The Canaries are on a three match winning streak against Villa
Aston Villa News and Form
Villa couldn’t get the better of Burnley last weekend, despite taking the lead twice in the game. The fixture at Villa Park ended in a 2-2 tie. That is back to back league games now in which Villa have taken the lead twice but have failed to win. That defence just hasn’t been able to stick in there. That’s a concern for them as they have conceded at least two goals in each of their last four against Norwich. The overall league form of Aston Villa this season is W1 D2 L4. All of the points earned in that sequence came at home. That means that they have lost all three away fixtures this season. This doesn’t look like a game they can afford to lose at the moment though.
Norwich v Aston Villa Tips & Odds
Who will win - Norwich v Aston Villa Predictions
A big fixture this is. Norwich have been producing goals and points at home this season, whereas Villa are yet to take anything away from a road fixture. The Canaries may just be able to strike up another victory over the Villains. Home win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019