Northern Ireland v Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st March 201919th March 2019 / lee
Northern Ireland v Estonia Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 21st March 7.45pm
With Northern Ireland landing in a group alongside the Netherlands and Germany, it is going to be imperative that they don’t drop points in games like this. The Irish open in their Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on Thursday night against Estonia. Read our Northern Ireland v Estonia betting tips for more.
Northern Ireland v Estonia Betting Odds*
Northern Ireland 9/20
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 18th, 2019 at 6:26 p.m.)
Northern Ireland v Estonia Preview
The Irish need a bit of an upturn in form as they have lost four of their last six internationals (W1 D1). They struggled in the Nations League against Bosnia and Herzegovina and Austria. From their four games played against those two opponents, Northern Ireland failed to get a single point and only scored twice in the four games. The two goals that they did get were both at home so that is some kind of positive ahead of this fixture with Estonia. Northern Ireland have won two of their last three played on home soil, beating South Korea and Israel in friendly matches. The Irish have failed to score in three of their last four games, home and away. The last time they met Estonia was back in the Euro 2012 qualification campaign, and Northern Ireland suffered a 2-1 shock home defeat against them.
It was not a great Nations League campaign that Estonia put together either. They finished bottom of their group which means they drop all the way down into League D for the next time. In their six matches in the group, they lost four of them (W1 D1) and that was against Finland, Hungary and Greece. The two defeats which they took away from home at Hungary and Greece, Estonia failed to score in. However overall their form has been a little bit improved recently with two wins and a draw in their last three played. The victories in that sequence were over Greece and Finland. In total Estonia have only suffered one defeat in their last five home and away. The two wins in that sequence of five games were both away from home as well, so will they be able to challenge Northern Ireland? Estonia have scored in two of their last five away games only.
Who will win – Northern Ireland v Estonia Predictions
There should be enough here to back Northern Ireland to win to nil at even money odds* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 18th, 2019 at 6:26 p.m.). The Irish can’t afford to go dropping points on home soil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Swansea v Rotherham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 2019
- Huddersfield v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th April 2019
- Bournemouth v Fulham Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th April 2019
- Manchester City v Tottenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th April 2019
- West Brom v Hull Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 2019
- Bolton v Aston Villa Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 2019
- Middlesbrough v Stoke Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 2019
- Norwich v Sheffield Wednesday Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 2019
- Leeds v Wigan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 2019
Tags: estonia, Estonia Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Northern Ireland v Estonia