Northampton v Walsall Prediction & Betting Tips, 3rd August 20192nd August 2019 / lee
Northampton v Walsall League Two Preview, 3rd August 3.00pm
Northampton were left with a bottom half of the table finish last season, despite proving hard to beat during their run-in. The Cobblers will be looking for a strong start on home soil as they entertaining Walsall. Walsall were one of the clubs to fall from League One last season. Read our Northampton v Walsall betting tips for more.
Northampton v Walsall Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on July 31st, 2019 at 5:42 p.m.)
Northampton News and Form
There was nothing spectacular from the Cobblers at any point last season. Their home record was W7 D12 L4 so they were hard to beat but just failed to turn draws into wins often enough. Across the course of the season on home soil, they averaged 1.3 goals per game and conceded at 1.2, pretty much figures you would expect with all the drawn games in there. The Cobblers took a clean sheet in a quarter of their home games.
Four of their seven home wins were by a margin of just one goal. It will be interesting to see if they can just find that extra bit of balance in attack to pick up a few more home wins this season. To their credit, their scoring did improve drastically at the end of the season. They scored eleven goals in their last final four games.
Northampton v Walsall Head to Head
Northampton and Walsall traded home wins in the 2017/18 League One
Each of the last three meetings have been settled by a 1 goal margin
Northampton have won their last two home games against Walsall
Walsall have won four of the last six meetings
Walsall News and Form
It is a season down in League Two for Walsall after they finished third from bottom in League One last season. Their defence just continued to let them down time and time again. They had another problem too as they finished as the joint second-lowest scorers in the third tier too. Problems abound then for the Saddlers. They lost seven of their last ten games of the season (W1 D2) and nothing was clicking. Twice during the second half for the season, they went on big losing streaks, one of them across five games, another across six. Their away record was only W5 D6 L12 and now have to try and pick up the pieces, dust themselves off and try and think about a promotion push.
Northampton v Walsall Tips & Odds
Who will win – Northampton v Walsall Predictions
Tricky game to call here because of Walsall’s fall in status. We are going to roll with Keith Curle’s Cobblers having just enough at Sixfields. They were hard to beat last season in their own backyard and they may be able to dig out three points.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: league two, league two odds, Northampton, Northampton League Two, Northampton v Walsall, Walsall, Walsall League Two