Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 201918th November 2019 / lee
Newport vs Grimsby FA Cup Preview, 20th November 7.45pm
The winner of this tie will go and make a trip to non-League side Maldon & Tiptree in the second round of this season’s FA Cup. So both will be recognising a huge opportunity to make it through to the third round eventually. It was a 1-1 draw in Cleethorpes in the first meeting. Who will settle this? Read our Newport vs Grimsby betting tips for more.
Newport vs Grimsby Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on November 17th, 2019 at 8:12 p.m.)
Newport News and Form
Neither of these League Two sides have much form going on. Newport have taken one win in their last five games in all competitions (D2 L2). That was a home win though in league action against Scunthorpe. Newport haven’t done badly at Rodney Parade lately having posted a W2 D2 L1 record there in their last five. They have only lost twice on home soil this season, once in the EFL Cup against West Ham and then against Salford in league action at the start of November.
Just once in their last six home fixtures have Newport managed to score more than one goal in a game. They are without a clean sheet in three there. The Exiles had a very good time of things at home last season’s FA Cup, beating Welsh rivals Wrexham, Premier League side Leicester and then Championship side Middlesbrough before bowing out against Man City.
Newport vs Grimsby Head to Head
Newport have won three of their last four home games against Grimsby 1-0 (D1)
Both teams have scored in two of the last eleven meetings
Five of the last eight meetings have ended in a home win
Grimsby have won one of the last six meetings
Grimsby News and Form
The Mariners had quite a bright start to the new season, but that has since fallen away when troubles hit around the start of September. Grimsby have failed to get a win in any of their last five games now, losing three of those. They have managed just two victories in their last 12 games across all competitions. They did almost get across the line in this FA Cup tie, however, having taken the lead at Blundell Park just before half time.
They conceded an equalizing penalty 10 minutes from time. Grimsby have lost four of their last five away games played in the FA Cup, and each of those defeats were by a 1-0 scoreline. They have lost three of their last four trips to Newport by a 1-0 scoreline as well (0-0). Grimsby have failed to score in five of their last nine road games in the FA Cup.
Newport vs Grimsby Tips & Odds
Who will win – Newport vs Grimsby Predictions
The trend of 1-0 scorelines has to pique some big interest in this FA Cup tie. Newport shaded things in terms of performance in the first go at this FA Cup tie. Grimsby may well kick themselves having failed to hold on at home. Newport to win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Rochdale vs Wrexham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: FA Cup, FA Cup odds, grimsby, Grimsby FA Cup, Newport, Newport FA Cup, Newport vs Grimsby