Newport v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th August 201926th August 2019 / lee
Newport v West Ham EFL Cup Preview, 27th August 7.45pm
League Two side Newport County have the chance to pull off a League Cup giant-killing act on Tuesday night. They will be welcoming Premier League side West Ham to Rodney Parade. Can the Exiles pull off an upset? Read our Newport v West Ham betting tips for more.
Newport v West Ham Betting Odds*
West Ham 4/11
Newport County 7/1
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 29th, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.)
Newport News and Form
Newport are carrying a bit of form with them this season as they are unbeaten across their five games played in all competitions. The most notable aspect of their season has been the strength of their defence. Newport have claimed a clean sheet four of their five games played.
They were out on the road against Gilllingham in the first round of this season’s League Cup. Newport won through on a penalty shootout after a 2-2 draw. That was just the third win in their last nine League Cup fixtures. They have lost the last two EFL Cup home fixtures, conceding exactly 3 goals in both of those.
West Ham News and Form
West Ham collected a 3-1 away win at Watford in the Premier League on the weekend. That was the first victory of the season for them. Perhaps the one concerning thing for them is that they have not taken a clean sheet yet this season. West Ham made it to the fourth round of last season’s League Cup where they were beaten by London rivals Tottenham Hotspur.
West Ham do have a pretty good record in the EFL Cup, having won five of their last seven played. The Hammers have won three of their last four away games in the competition, scoring at least two goals in each of those three successes. Two of those three wins were against lower-ranked opposition as well (Cheltenham and AFC Wimbledon)
Newport v West Ham Tips & Odds
Who will win – Newport v West Ham Predictions
We don’t see any hint of an upset happening here although West Ham may have to be patient early on against a well organised Newport defence. There is no need for West Ham to go full strength that this, but they can even keep enough on the bench to see themselves through comfortably. West Ham to win two-nil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: EFL Cup, EFL Cup odds, Newport, Newport EFL Cup, Newport v West Ham, West Ham, West Ham EFL Cup