Newport v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 5th February 20194th February 2019 / lee
Newport v Middlesbrough FA Cup Preview, 5th February 7.45pm
Championship side Middlesbrough have made life a little tricky for themselves in not having finished this tie at the first attempt on home soil. Will they be able to lift themselves past their League Two opponents Newport down in South Wales? The winner faces up to Manchester City in the next round. Read our Newport v Middlesbrough betting tips for more.
Newport v Middlesbrough Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 2nd, 2019 at 9:12 p.m.)
Newport v Middlesbrough Preview
When these two met at the Riverside back at the end of January, that was the first ever meeting that they had had. Now in such a short space of time, they are at it again after their 1-1 draw. Newport are in the bottom half of League Two and they aren’t in any kind of great form really. They have only managed to take the three wins in their last four games across all competitions. Two of those three wins though, were in the FA Cup. That was a 4-0 win over Wrexham in a second-round replay, and then a 2-1 upset against Premier League side Leicester in the last round. They have been struggling for wins, but at Rodney Parade they have been tough to beat. The Exiles have only lost one of their last 12 home games in all competitions. So that is some strength that they have there and they have actually collected a clean sheet in three of their last four home fixtures. If you want to extend that back a little bit further, then they have five clean sheets in their last eight at home
Boro really stood up to a big challenge on the weekend in the Championship, as they got themselves a 3-2 win at West Brom in a big showdown. That moved Boro onto seven matches unbeaten across all Compton (W4 D3). Boro almost got across the finish line when these two met at the Riverside. They shipped an equaliser in stoppage time. So this could be a bit of an uncomfortable away game for them, but Boro are clear favourites. Middlesbrough are a tough side to break down and they are on a streak of form where they have lost only one of their last 12 road fixtures in all competitions. Boro have hit the back of the net in each of their last seven road games as well. However, in that same spell of seven games, Boro have conceded in six of them. This will be Middlesbrough’s first ever visit to Rodney Parade.
Who will win – Newport v Middlesbrough Predictions
Now, this may not be the most comfortable of evenings for Middlesbrough down in South Wales, they should be able to find their way through to the fifth round. We are expecting another tight game and Middlesbrough to win by a one-goal margin looks a solid proposition at 13/5 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 2nd, 2019 at 9:12 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: FA Cup, FA Cup odds, Middlesbrough, MIddlesbrough FA Cup, Newport, Newport FA Cup, Newport v Middlesbrough