Newport v Mansfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 3rd August 20192nd August 2019 / lee
Newport v Mansfield League Two Preview, 3rd August 3.00pm
It will be a quick reunion for these two clubs. They were up against each other in the League Two playoffs last season. It was Newport who came out on top, but then went on to lose in the final. So they have to reboot and start all over again. Read our Newport v Mansfield betting tips for more.
Newport v Mansfield Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on July 31st, 2019 at 5:42 p.m.)
Newport News and Form
The Exiles made it to the playoffs in League Two last season by earning a seventh-place finish in League Two. Newport produced a W14 D6 L3 record on home soil last season to get their shot at promotion through those playoffs. It was Mansfield that they met in the semi finals and after getting past that challenge they then lost to Tranmere in the playoff final. So it’s back to business again in League Two.
Newport closed out last season with a tremendous ten-match undefeated streak of form. Their defence was brilliant as well in that sequence of form, conceding just the three goals in that run of ten games. Across the course of the seasons at Rodney Parade Newport conceded at under a goal per game. They scored at an average of 1.4 goals per game. In total, they managed to take a clean sheet in 57% of their league home games. Of their fourteen home fixtures, eight of them were by a one-goal margin.
Newport v Mansfield Head to Head
These two met four times last season
Each of the last three meetings have gone under 2.5 goals
Both teams have scored in just one of the last five meetings
Their record was an event at one win and two draws the last term
Mansfield News and Form
The Stags rocked things on home soil in the division last term. Their away record fell a long way short in comparison though. They went just W6 D11 L6 on the road, but if you look at it from the perspective of not losing often, it wasn’t bad. Mansfield produced an average of 1.35 goals per away game, conceding at 1.1 per game. Less than half of their road fixtures during the campaign made it over 2.5 goals. All six of the losses that they suffered away from Field Mill were by one goal margin exactly. Mansfield claimed only one win in their last nine away games last season, losing five of those.
Newport v Mansfield Tips & Odds
Who will win – Newport v Mansfield Predictions
Just because the Stags weren’t great on their travels last season, we are leaning towards Newport. They both carried a lot of strengths and positives but the home defence may be the difference-maker on the day. Home win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: league two, league two odds, Mansfield, Mansfield League Two, Newport, Newport League Two, Newport v Mansfield