Newport v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 201914th February 2019 / lee
Newport v Manchester City FA Cup Preview, 16th February 5.30pm
A dream tie for League Two side Newport who have enjoyed a momentous FA Cup run. However, they are facing the might of the current reigning English champions who appear to be bang on top of their game at the moment. Read our Newport v Manchester City betting tips for more.
Newport v Manchester City Betting Odds*
Man City 1/20
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 13th, 2019 at 3:34 a.m.)
Newport News and Form
League Two side Newport have a bit of a mountain to climb then. Is it damage control from the off? Newport had a home game in the league in midweek, suffering a loss against the MK Dons. In their last seven games in all competitions, Newport are W3 D2 L2. The Exiles have been pretty solid at Rodney Parade is has to be said. They have won four of their last six there in all competitions (D1 L1).
But of course, they haven’t faced anything like what they are going to on the weekend. Newport’s FA Cup journey started with a win at the Met. Police and then they needed a replay at home to get past Wrexham. Then they caused an upset, a big one in taking out Premier League side Leicester at home. It was another home upset they caused in the last round in beating Championship side Middlesbrough in a replay.
Manchester City News and Form
With a full week off since thumping Chelsea 6-0 in the Premier League last weekend, Man City are a side who can’t stop scoring. In just two games in all competitions have they failed to net. They have produced some remarkable score lines this year. City have scored at least two goals in all but two of their eleven matches played in the 2019 calendar year.
In the third round of this season’s FA Cup, they beat Burnley 5-0. Then they posted a 7-0 win over Rotherham in the last round. With other major scorelines of a 9-0 EFL Cup win over Burton and their 6-0 drubbing of Chelsea in the EPL, Newport fans may secretly be fearing the worst. City have won four of their last five away games, but those are the only four wins in their last eight road games in all competitions (D1 L3).
Newport v Manchester City Tips & Odds
Who will win – Newport v Manchester City Predictions
Given some of the score lines that City have produced recently, most punters will only be thinking about the size of a City victory here. They should be able to do it by at least three goals.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Blackburn v Bolton Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Wigan v Preston Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Brentford v Leeds Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Stoke v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Reading v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Derby v QPR Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Rotherham v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Everton v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st April 2019
Tags: FA Cup, FA Cup odds, Manchester City, Manchester City FA Cup, Newport, Newport FA Cup, Newport v Manchester City