Newport v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 6th January 20194th January 2019 / lee
Newport v Leicester FA Cup Preview, 6th January 4.30pm
This is why the FA Cup is still great. League Two side Newport get to forget all about their slump in league form and put themselves against one a Premier League side. The Foxes are strong favourites to get the win on the board, but it’s one of those games where the hint of it being a banana skin is just there. Read our Newport v Leicester betting tips for more.
Newport v Leicester Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on 3rd January 2019 at 11:43 p.m.)
Newport v Leicester Preview
Newport will be playing host to Leicester for the first time in their history. This is a great draw for them, just what a League Two side wants. The chance to throw everything at causing an upset at home against a Premier League side. The Exiles aren’t in the great of form at the moment as they are winless in four games. Across their last seven games played they have collected just the one win, so they have gone off the boil.
After opening to first-round win over the Met Police, Newport needed a replay back on home soil to see off Wrexham in the last round. Even though they aren’t in great form, they have done well at Rodney Parade this season, as they have suffered the one defeat in their last nine played there. Newport have earned a clean sheet in all but two of their last six home games.
Leicester have won three of their last four games (L1) and there have been notable wins in that sequence. Those three wins were against Chelsea, Man City and then away at Everton on New Year’s Day. So that’s some good results which they have picked up, although the loss in that sequence was a poor one at Cardiff recently. So they make a quick return to Wales.
Leicester have won their last two on the road and are W3 D2 L1 in their last six away from home. Each of the last three away wins that Leicester have taken have been by a 1-0 scoreline. Each to their last six games away from the King Power have ended under 2.5 goals. They haven’t been as strong in front of goal this season, so it may be a low scoring affair. Last season the Foxes made it through to the quarterfinals.
Who will win – Newport v Leicester Predictions
Leicester to win to nil at 6/5 odds gets our nod in this one* (betting odds taken from bet365 on January 3rd, 2019 at 10:08 pm). The Foxes have not been broken down too easily on their travels this season and so we can see them holding their own and getting a low scoring victory.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: FA Cup, FA Cup odds, Leicester, Leicester FA Cup, Newport, Newport FA Cup, Newport v Leicester