Newport County v Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 26th May 201922nd May 2019 / lee
Newport County v Tranmere League Two Play-Off Final Preview, 26th May 3.00pm
The defence of Newport has been their stand out feature across this strong campaign. They finished the season in style and they will be a tough opponent for Tranmere. It is Rovers though who are going to the League Two Play-Off Final as the favourites. Things have been tight between these two recently, more of the same is expected. Read our Newport County v Tranmere betting tips for more.
Newport County v Tranmere Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on May 21st, 2019 at 1:44 a.m.)
Newport County News and Form
Newport went undefeated in their final ten games of the regular League Two season. Throw into the mix their two drawn games against Mansfield in the playoff semi-finals and that’s been some really strong stuff by the Exiles. Newport have collected a total of seven clean sheets in their last ten games now. They are extremely well organised at the back and will set themselves up well knowing that they have already handled themselves well against Tranmere this term.
They blanked Tranmere in both league meetings this season, taking a 0-0 draw and a 1-0 win against Rovers. Newport took a W4 D3 L5 record this season in their regular season fixtures against the six teams who finished above them in the table. They were so strong at home but were much shakier on the road. What will life be like for them at Wembley on the weekend? Across the course of the regular season, they averaged 1.28 goals per game and the conceded an average of 1.28 goals per game.
Newport County v Tranmere Head to Head
Newport earned four points against Trade in League Two this season
Newport are W1 D3 from their four previous games against Rovers
There have been just three goals scored in the four previous meetings
Newport have three clean sheets in four against Rovers
Tranmere News and Form
Tranmere really played their way into a strong position with a hot run of form from early February to the end of March. They dropped just the two points in a run of nine games. Once that unbeaten streak was snapped through, they did fall out of form at the end of the season. They won only one of their last seven games played in the regular season (D3 L3) so they suddenly because very vulnerable. They had a tight scrap against Forest Green Rovers in the play-off semi-finals.
They banked a 1-0 home advantage in the first leg and survived at the New Lawn with a 1-1 draw. Tranmere did have the benefit of their opponents picking up a red card in both legs of that tie. Tranmere have failed to score in three of their last four games against Newport and even with their top scorer James Norwood, they are going to have their work cut out in breaking this disciplined Newport defence. All four of the previous meetings have been tight, low scoring affairs. This meeting at Wembley probably isn’t going to be too much different.
Newport County v Tranmere Tips & Odds
Who will win – Newport County v Tranmere Predictions
This is likely to be really tight between Tranmere and Newport, just the way it was during the regular season. Of the two, Newport look slightly the more confident of the two teams and that may just see them get across the line and earn the promotion.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Rennes v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Bayern Munich v Red Star Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Bayer Leverkusen v Lokomotiv Moscow Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Atletico Madrid v Juventus Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Club Brugge v Galatasaray Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Sunderland v Rotherham Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th September 2019
- Shakhtar Donetsk v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
Tags: League Two Play Off Final odds, League Two Play-Off Final, Newport County, Newport County League Two Play-Off Final, Newport County v Tranmere, Tranmere, Tranmere League Two Play-Off Final