Newcastle v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th August 201927th August 2019 / lee
Newcastle v Leicester EFL Cup Preview, 28th August 7.45pm
This all-Premier League clash in the second round of the EFL Cup gives both sides the chance to step away from the pressures of the top flight. It will likely end up being a game in which both send out under-strength starting lineups. They may all come down to a case of who has the greater depth in their squad. Read our Newcastle v Leicester betting tips for more.
Newcastle v Leicester Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 29th, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.)
Newcastle News and Form
Newcastle gave themselves a great shot of confidence on the weekend as they pulled off a 1-0 surprise away win at Tottenham in the Premier League. After two pretty tame defeats to open the season with, that result in London eased a lot of pressure off new Newcastle manager Steve Bruce. So will they be able to keep a little bit of momentum going by winning this cup match?
Newcastle do not have great form going for them in the competition. They have been eliminated in the second round in each of their last three campaigns. One of those was on a penalty shootout loss against Hull City and another was an extra-time elimination against Nottingham Forest. Nottingham Forest got the better of them again at this stage of last season’s EFL Cup. On home soil though, Newcastle have won three of their last four League Cup fixtures, keeping a clean sheet in each of those three.
Leicester News and Form
Leicester have had a steady start to the new season. They just seem to be easing their way into things as they haven’t looked particularly prolific. In the Premier League, they claimed their first win of the season over the weekend with a 2-1 success at Bramall Lane against Sheffield United. That followed draws against Wolves and then Chelsea. Leicester have only lost two of their last eight League Cup matches.
In the last two seasons, they have made it to the fifth round but were stopped on both occasions in a penalty shootout against Manchester City. Each of Leicester’s last three League Cup matches have gone to a penalty shootout. So it would not be a surprise if this clash needed more than the regulation 90 min to be settled (there’s no extra time until the semi finals). Leicester have a very good away record in the League Cup, having posted a W6 D1 L2 record on their travels. Both defeats were through a penalty shootout and their one drawn game went on to be won by the Foxes in a penalty shootout as well.
Newcastle v Leicester Tips & Odds
Who will win – Newcastle v Leicester Predictions
We are going to side with the Foxes coming through in this fixture. The trend of penalty shootouts in Leicester’s League Cup games has certainly been there and it is perhaps worth just settling on the visitors to qualify.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Aston Villa v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th September 2019
- Watford v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Bournemouth v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Sheffield United v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Wolves v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Manchester United v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Tottenham v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Norwich v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Brighton v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
Tags: EFL Cup, EFL Cup odds, Leicester, Leicester EFL Cup, Newcastle, Newcastle EFL Cup, Newcastle v Leicester