Netherlands v Germany Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th March 201923rd March 2019 / lee
Netherlands v Germany Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 24th March 7.45pm
This will be a heavyweight duel in Amsterdam as the Netherlands play host to Germany. In the Nations League, the Dutch collected a 2-0 home victory over Die Mannschaft. Will they be able to get their qualification campaign for Euro 2020 off to a flyer by producing another home success over their big rivals? Read our Netherlands v Germany betting tips for more.
Netherlands v Germany Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 22nd, 2019 at 8:34 p.m.)
Netherlands v Germany Preview
On Thursday night the Netherlands played host to Belarus in their opening Euro 2020 qualification fixture and produced a 4-0 success. This game against Germany will be the toughest home game that they get in their qualification campaign. If they make it two wins from two to start, that would put them well on the path to booking a spot in next summer’s competition. Back in the Nations League campaign last year, the Netherlands topped their group ahead of France and Germany.
They are currently undefeated in their last four fixtures which saw them take home wins over Germany and France, while picking up draws away at Belgium and Germany. The Netherlands have only lost one of their last nine international fixtures, winning four of those. They are currently on a three-match winning streak at home, scoring at least two goals in each of those games. The last six meetings between the two rivals have ended up over 2.5 goals.
Germany are still on the hunt for some much-improved form and consistency. They had a disaster at the 2018 World Cup as they bowed out in the group stage. Then on top of that towards the end of last year, they were relegated from their UEFA Nations League group. During that Nations League campaign, they lost both of their away games against France and Netherlands.
In their last eight games, Germany have only managed to pick up the two victories. They warmed up for their Euro 2020 qualification campaign with a 1-1 home draw against Serbia. Germany were nowhere near at full strength in that game though. They have been struggling at the back with only two clean sheets in their last 14 international fixtures. Without counting their games at the 2018 World Cup, Germany are on a three-match losing streak away from home. Can they pull themselves together in Amsterdam? Germany have failed to score in their last two visits there.
Who will win – Netherlands v Germany Predictions
The Netherlands look the clear better of the two at the moment and they have every chance of making it six points from six at the start of their Euro 2020 qualification campaign. They are the ones with confidence and the form and the Netherlands to win out 7/5 odds in the outright winner market appeals* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 22nd, 2019 at 8:34 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Germany, Germany Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Netherlands, Netherlands Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Netherlands v Germany