Namibia v Ivory Coast Prediction & Betting Tips, 1st July 201930th June 2019 / lee
Namibia v Ivory Coast Africa Cup of Nations Preview, 1st July 5.00pm
There is going to be a great finish in Group D of the Africa Cup of Nations. All four teams have a mathematical chance of getting through. Ivory Coast are sat on three points and even though Namibia are searching for their first points, a big enough win here could see them move ahead of their opponents on goal difference. Read our Namibia v Ivory Coast betting tips for more.
Namibia v Ivory Coast Betting Odds*
Ivory Coast 3/10
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on June 29th, 2019 at 5:25 a.m.)
Namibia News and Form
Namibia have suffered back to back defeats in the group so far. The first was against Morocco when they put through their own net in the final minute, and then against South Africa. Three points could put them in contention for a place in the next round, even if it is as one of the best third-placed finishers. All four games in this group so far have ended in a 1-0 results, so there’s been a trend and it highlights how close things are between the teams.
The form of Namibia has seen them win just three of their last eight games played, losing half of the games in that sequence. They will probably be a little disappointed with their start to the tournament here though. But at least it leaves them in a position of having nothing to lose and everything to gain. Namibia came through qualification on a tight head to head record only over Mozambique.
Namibia v Ivory Coast Head to Head
This will be just the second meeting between the two nations
Ivory Coast took a 4-3 win in their previous meetings
That was an AFCON 1998 clash
Ivory Coast News and Form
Ivory Coast finished second in their qualification group to Guinea, taking a W3 D2 L1 record from the campaign. They were one of the higher-scoring teams to come through the qualification process though. They need to rediscover that scoring threat a bit. They took a 1-0 win over South Africa to open their group stage campaign with, but then lost to Morocco by the same scoreline in their second fixture.
They have to better whatever South Africa’s result against Morocco is in the final round of matches to get an automatic qualification spot. Any points out of this would likely go a long way to secure a place as one of the best third-placed teams at worst. Defeat and they are going home. The Ivory Coast have won five of their last seven games, losing the other two. Both defects incidentally are 1-0 score lines. Looking back a little further they are W4 D2 L1 in their last seven competitive matches.
Namibia v Ivory Coast Tips & Odds
Who will win – Namibia v Ivory Coast Predictions
The Ivory Coast should be able to push on and collect maximum points in this one. They won’t find the going as tough against Namibia as much as they did against Morocco. So there is a decent chance that the Elephants will pull through. Ivory Coast to win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Aston Villa v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th September 2019
- Watford v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Bournemouth v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Sheffield United v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Wolves v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Manchester United v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Tottenham v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Norwich v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Brighton v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
Tags: Africa Cup of Nations, Africa Cup of Nations odds, Ivory Coast, Ivory Coast Africa Cup of Nations, Namibia, Namibia Africa Cup of Nations, Namibia v Ivory Coast