Moldova v France Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd March 201920th March 2019 / lee
Moldova v France Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 22nd March 7.45pm
France are the clear front runners in Group H of Euro 2020 qualification. They head out on the road for their first game of the campaign as they pay a visit to Moldova. Will the French, who are the current reigning world champions, get their campaign up and running strongly? Read our Moldova v France betting tips for more.
Moldova v France Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
Moldova v France Preview
In their Nations League matches, Moldova took a W2 D3 L1 record. They remained undefeated in their home matches, winning one and drawing two of them. That was in League D which means that they weren’t facing high-quality opposition of Belarus, Luxembourg and San Marino. Their last game played did see Moldova suffer a defeat, which was a friendly international against Kazakhstan at the end of February.
Moldova had been on a five-match undefeated streak of form before that loss. There has been a trend with each of their last seven internationals going under the 2.5 goals line. Taking a look back in their World Cup 2018 qualification campaign it was a bit of a horror show for Moldova as they only collected two points in their 10 games. They could have a tough night at home against world champions in this Euro 2020 qualification opener.
This will be France’s first competitive action ever in Moldova. In the Nations League last year France were edged out of top spot by the Netherlands, the two sides finishing level on points, but France missed out on the head-to-head against the Dutch. During that campaign France suffered a 2-0 reverse out in the Netherlands, which remains their only loss in their last 17 international matches.
However, France have not won either of their last two games away from home, which was a draw a Germany and then the defeat to the Dutch. France didn’t get on the scoresheet in either of those two games. Still, they are red-hot favourites to win this game and it would be a huge upset if they can come away with three points. Interestingly France have scored a penalty kick in three of their last four internationals. France’s last away victory was against Russia in March 2018, just the one win that they have taken in their last four away fixtures.
Who will win – Moldova v France Predictions
Hard to see an upset really happening in this one even though the away from France isn’t great when you look at it. They should have the quality and class to get three points on the board even if it is in a low key game. France to win to nil at 1/2 odds is a solid proposition* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- France Women v USA Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Venezuela v Argentina Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Norway Women v England Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th June 2019
- Netherlands Women v Japan Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Italy Women v China Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Croatia U21 v England U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- France U21 v Romania U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Chile v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Ecuador v Japan Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, France, France Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Moldova, Moldova Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Moldova v France