MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon Prediction & Betting Tips, 7th September 20195th September 2019 / lee
MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon League One Preview, 7th September 12 Noon
The newly-promoted MK Dons will look to shake off some recent disappointing form on the weekend when they play host to AFC Wimbledon. It has been a season of struggles for AFC Wimbledon again, who only avoided relegation from League One last season on goal difference. Read our MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon betting tips for more.
MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon Betting Odds*
MK Dons 19/20
AFC Wimbledon 11/4
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 4th, 2019 at 3:52 a.m.)
MK Dons News and Form
The MK Dons, following their promotion from League Two at the end of the last season, have taken a W2 L3 record from their opening games in the third tier. The two wins did come on home soil, which will give them some confidence ahead of this game on Saturday lunchtime. The two wins that the MK Dons pick up were one-goal margin successes over Shrewsbury and Lincoln, the latter of those being very impressive.
Their third home game of the campaign saw the MK Dons get hammered by Peterborough. Each of their last four league games have gone over 2.5 goals so that is the trend with eyeing up for this contest. Four of the five goals which the Dons have conceded at home this season have come in the first half of matches. They have scored two of their three home goals before the halftime break too.
MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon Head to Head
The two played out a 2-2 draw in mid-August in the EFL Cup (MK Dons won on penalties)
MK Dons lead the overall head to head W4 D2 L2
AFC Wimbledon are winless in three against the MK Dons (D2 L1)
Both teams have scored in one of the last five meetings (all competitions)
AFC Wimbledon News and Form
Wimbledon had so many problems last season, and were looking doomed to relegation. But a string of vital points at the end of the campaign just got them safe on goal difference. But they are back with their struggles again though and start the weekend third from bottom. All that they have managed is a D2 L4 record from six games played.
Three of the four defeats by AFC Wimbledon this season have come away from home as well. There is one positive that they can take and that is they have scored in all three of their away games. Less positive is the fact that they have averaged over two goals per away game against them. To their credit, they dug out a great home draw against top-five side Wycombe last weekend. That should have given them a bit of a lift. That defensive record on their travels this season though looks as if it could hurt them.
MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon Tips & Odds
Who will win – MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon Predictions
Home advantage should pay off for the MK Dons in this one. AFC Wimbledon are not going to bring many defensive strengths to the table and could have another miserable away day. It is the home win by a one-goal margin that makes for a sound proposition here.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: afc wimbledon, AFC Wimbledon League One, League One, League One odds, MK Dons, MK Dons League One, MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon