Middlesbrough v Wigan Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th August 201919th August 2019 / lee
Middlesbrough v Wigan Championship Preview, 20th August 7.45pm
It has not gone to plan for Jonathan Woodgate’s Boro so far this season in the Championship. They are still on the hunt for their first win. Will they get it on Tuesday night as Wigan pay a visit to the Riverside? The Latics though need a boost after losing their last two league outings. Read our Middlesbrough v Wigan betting tips for more.
Middlesbrough v Wigan Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 18th, 2019 7:27 p.m.)
Middlesbrough News and Form
Boro have just one point on the board so far this season. That point came in their opening game when they played out a 3-3 draw at the newly promoted Luton. They have followed that up with back to back 1-0 losses against Brentford and Blackburn. So the lack of output and no clean sheet thus far has heaped some early pressure on new boss Jonathan Woodgate. For a team who only just missed the playoffs last season, this isn’t the start that was expected for them. Boro produced a W01 D6 L7 record on home soil last season, can they get some cheer there on Tuesday?
Middlesbrough v Wigan Head to Head
Boro earned four points against Wigan last season
The last two meetings at the Riverside have ended in clean sheet wins for Boro
Both teams have scored in just one of the last five meetings
Four of the last six meetings have been drawn
Wigan News and Form
The Latics opened the season in some style as they banked a 3-2 win over Cardiff. Last season’s Championship campaign was their first back up in the second tier after promotion and their survival came about because of some great home form. After that opening success over Cardiff, they have taken two big defeats, a 3-0 reverse out at Preston and then a 2-0 defeat at home on the weekend against Leeds. So defensively there are some clear early problems for Wigan, having shipped seven in three. That’s the joint worst in the division after three rounds of action. The Latics only won twice on their league travels last season (D5 L16). They conceded at almost an average of two goals per away game during the last campaign.
Middlesbrough v Wigan Tips & Odds
Who will win – Middlesbrough v Wigan Predictions
There is not much confidence flying around from either of these this season. Boro looks the more likely of the two to come up with a victory in this one though because of Wigan’s horrible away record since getting back into the second tier. Home win to nil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Middlesbrough, Middlesbrough Championship, Middlesbrough v Wigan, Wigan, Wigan Championship