Middlesbrough v Stoke Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 201916th April 2019 / lee
Middlesbrough v Stoke Championship Preview, 19th April 3.00pm
Boro have managed to recover from a major slump with back to back wins. So they are still in touch with the play-off places but have to keep up their momentum now in a tight scrap. They welcome Stoke to the Riverside who have not done a tremendous amount of winning recently. Read our Middlesbrough v Stoke betting tips for more.
Middlesbrough v Stoke Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on April 16th, 2019 at 4:58 p.m.)
Middlesbrough News and Form
Boro have won their last two games in the league, both with a clean sheet. Before that, they were on a six-match losing streak of form. They took a win at home over Hull on the weekend, which was a very good result. They are W8 D6 L7 at the Riverside this season which isn’t great. They have lost four of their last five played (W1) on home soil. Middlesbrough average under a goal per game on home soil this season.
Just 19% of Middlesbrough’s home games have gone over 2.5 goals this season. Each of their last three at the Riverside have gone under the goal line. They have taken a clean sheet in 48% of their league home fixtures. In total, they have averaged just 0.76 goals against them at home this season. Just one of their eight home wins this term have been by a margin of more than two goals. Boro have scored 65% of their home goals in the first period of fixtures this season.
Middlesbrough v Stoke Head to Head
There was a 0-0 draw when the two met in November
Stoke are unbeaten in four against Boro now (W2 D2)
Boro though are W2 D1 L1 in their last four at home against the Potters
Each of the last four meetings have gone under 2.5 goals
Stoke News and Form
Stoke earned a 2-2 draw at home against the relegation-threatened Rotherham on the weekend. That was their fifth draw in their last seven played (W1 L1). So it’s all very average from the Potters really. They have only managed three away wins all season in the Championship, part of an overall W3 D12 L6 record. Stoke have averaged under a goal per away game so this looks as if it’s going to be a low scoring duel at the Riverside.
Only 43% of their away games have made it over 2.5 goals, with Stoke taking a clean sheet in 38% of their away games. Stoke lost their last away game, which was at Swansea but they were undefeated in five before that. Again, there were plenty of drawn fixtures in that sequence, four of the five ended in a draw. Actually, four of Stoke’s last seven league games, home and away, have ended in a 0-0 draw. Five of their six away defeats have been by a two-goal margin.
Middlesbrough v Stoke Tips & Odds
Who will win – Middlesbrough v Stoke Predictions
Boro eased some pretty at home with a good win over Hull last weekend. It was only a tight win though and they still don’t look particularly confident. Stoke are very tight in defence and may have enough to grind out a point. Draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Norway Women v England Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th June 2019
- Netherlands Women v Japan Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Italy Women v China Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Croatia U21 v England U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- France U21 v Romania U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Chile v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Ecuador v Japan Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Sweden Women v Canada Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Spain Women v USA Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Middlesbrough, Middlesbrough Championship, Middlesbrough v Stoke, Stoke, Stoke Championship