Middlesbrough v Preston Prediction & Betting Tips, 1st October 201930th September 2019 / lee
Middlesbrough v Preston Championship Preview, 1st October 7.45 pm
Boro have found themselves slipping down the Championship table. It has been back to back defeats for them in what has been a difficult season. Preston meanwhile have defied expectations and are on a fantastic unbeaten stretch of form in the top six. Read our Middlesbrough v Preston betting tips for more.
Middlesbrough v Preston Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 30th, 2019 at 5:28 a.m.)
Middlesbrough News and Form
Middlesbrough took a 4-1 hammering at home by Sheffield Wednesday on the weekend. All goals in the game were scored in the first 35 minutes. That is back to back losses for them now in the Championship. So that is quite the dip as they had put together a four match undefeated streak of form before that. Boro’s home form sits at W2 D1 L2 now this season. Their two home wins were 1-0 successes over Reading and Wigan who are currently sitting in the bottom five.
Boro are sixth from bottom. Middlesbrough have averaged a goal per league game this season, but have conceded at an average of 1.4 per game. They are currently nine points worse off than they were at this stage of last season’s campaign. Two-thirds of the goals that they have conceded in league action this season have come in the first half of matches. Middlesbrough have managed to win five of their last eight at the Riverside in the Championship (D1 L2), so aren’t in bad shape.
Middlesbrough v Preston Head to Head
Preston took four points against Boro last season
It was a 2-1 win for Preston at the Riverside last term
Both teams have scored in each of the last four meetings in all competitions
Boro have lost one of their last fourteen in all competitions against Preston
Preston News and Form
Preston are having a fine season sat up in the top five after a crazy 3-3 draw at home against Bristol City on the weekend. They are unbeaten in their last six games now in the Championship, winning four of those. Their success has largely been on home soil though because the Lilywhites have only managed a W1 D1 L2 record on their travels this season. Their last away game saw them bank a 1-0 success at Birmingham.
Just one of Preston’s away games this season have made it over 2.5 goals. They have been leading at halftime in six of their nine games this season and in two of their four on the road. They have opened the scoring in all but two league games in this campaign. Just to sum up how good of a start this has been from them, they are 12 points better off than they were at this stage of last season’s campaign. No team has scored more goals in the Championship then Preston have this season.
Middlesbrough v Preston Tips & Odds
Who will win – Middlesbrough v Preston Predictions
This should be a good game. Boro were destroyed on the weekend, and their two home wins have been against other struggles. So there has to be a bit of value on the away win in this one as Preston are in a good, confident run of form.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Middlesbrough, Middlesbrough Championship, Middlesbrough v Preston, Preston, Preston Championship