Middlesbrough v Preston Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th March 201913th March 2019 / lee
Middlesbrough v Preston Championship Preview, 13th March 7.45pm
Boro had a slip on the weekend in their push for a top six finish. They suffered a home defeat against Brentford. They stay at home for midweek action as they welcome Preston. Preston are on a good run of form at the moment as well having climbed up into the top ten. Read our Middlesbrough v Preston betting tips for more.
Middlesbrough v Preston Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 12th, 2019 at 3:35 p.m.)
Middlesbrough News and Form
It was a 2-1 home loss that Middlesbrough suffered against Brentford on the weekend. That was an upset as Boro hadn’t conceded a goal in any of their three league games prior to that. It leaves Boro at W7 D6 L4 for the season. The loss against the Bees saw a four-match home unbeaten streak snapped for Boro. It does also actually only leave them with two wins in their last eight at the Riverside (D3 L4).
So it’s not been the strongest of home form. Boro have only scored 18 goals in 17 home games for the season and only 18% of games at the Riverside have gone over 2.5 goals. Defensively Boro have done well with a clean sheet earned in 53% of home fixtures. Both teams have scored in just 29% of Boro’s home games. Of the seven home wins recorded by Boro, four of them have been by a two-goal margin. 61% of their home goals have been scored in the first half of matches.
Middlesbrough v Preston Head to Head
There was a 1-1 draw between these two earlier this season
There was also a draw in an EFL Cup meeting
Three of the last four meetings have ended in a draw
Boro are unbeaten in 13 against Preston in all competitions
Preston News and Form
Preston claimed a 1-0 away win at Blackburn on the weekend which keeps them in very good form. They are now unbeaten in their last ten Championship fixtures, winning six of those. So it has been very good stuff from them and there is every chance that they will push Boro hard here. Preston are on a five-match winning streak away from home at the moment and they scored at least two goals in all but one of those.
Preston are W7 D3 L8 on their travels in the division this season. It is worth noting that they have lost all four away games played this season against current top-six sides and they failed to score in three of those four games. Preston have scored in each of their last six games away from home, with 64% of all their away goals coming after the half time break. They have conceded two-thirds of their away goals in the second half of fixtures too.
Middlesbrough v Preston Tips & Odds
Who will win – Middlesbrough v Preston Predictions
Preston are full of confidence at the moment and are so hard to beat. With Boro not having done a great deal of winning at home recently, there is every chance that the visitors can turn up at the Riverside and grab a point.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sweden v Spain Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- Switzerland v Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- Greece v Bosnia Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- Romania v Norway Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- Finland v Armenia Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- France v Turkey Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th October 2019
- Bulgaria v England Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th October 2019
- Ukraine v Portugal Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th October 2019
- Poland v North Macedonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th October 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Middlesbrough, Middlesbrough Championship, Middlesbrough v Preston, Preston, Preston Championship