Middlesbrough v Bolton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 201818th September 2018 / lee
Middlesbrough v Bolton Championship Preview, 19th September 7.45pm
Middlesbrough are making a strong charge at the start of the season but they suffered their first loss of the season last week. Overall they are moving along nicely, even though heir goal output could use a boost. Bolton are sitting down in tenth heading into the midweek action with their form on the slide. Read our Middlesbrough v Bolton betting tips for more.
Middlesbrough v Bolton Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 17th, 2018 at 11:22 pm)
Middlesbrough News and Form
Boro will have their character tested for the first time this season as they suffered their first loss of the new campaign last weekend. They went down 1-0 at Norwich and that is back to back games without a goal for them. But those two games were away from home. They have won all three home games in the Championship this season and all with a clean sheet. Middlesbrough to win to nil is at 11/10 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 17th, 2018 at 11:22 pm).
Given their form at home it does lead to some nice options in the anytime goalscorer market. A Middlesbrough 1-0 has big appeal at 9/2 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 17th, 2018 at 11:22 pm). There is a trend there too as Boro have won their last four on home soil against Bolton to nil. While they have been so defensively strong this season (five clean sheets in seven) their goal output is just a bit touch and go.
Bolton News and Form
Bolton are winless in three league games now with a D1 L2 record. They have shipped at least two goals in each of those games as well so that’s a bit down turn in form from them. The Trotters won three (D1) of their first four games of the season. Away from home, they have managed to stay unbeaten though, drawing at Preston last time out. We are going with a both teams NOT to score option at 4/7 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from September 17th, 2018 at 11:22 pm).
That does make sense considering Bolton’s recent form at the Riverside. Bolton just don’t have any form going against Boro to really warrant backing them to pull off a shock win on the road in midweek. They are taking on the best defence in the division as well. We are looking at under 1.5 goals for the game at 9/4 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from September 17th, 2018 at 11:22 pm) in our Middlesbrough v Bolton betting tips.
Middlesbrough v Bolton Head to Head
Last season Middlesbrough won both meetings against the Trotters and that moved them onto a big six-match winning streak over Bolton. Four of those six were with a clean sheet as well. Boro are undefeated in eight against Bolton in the Championship and they have won their last four home fixtures against them to nil.
Who will win – Middlesbrough v Bolton Predictions
A Middlesbrough to win to nil option has the biggest appeal in our Middlesbrough v Bolton betting tips. Boro remain a side in good form and so hard to knock down. Bolton have been holding their own but may struggle at the Riverside.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Nürnberg v Borussia Dortmund Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Huesca v Athletic Bilbao Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Bolton, Bolton Championship, Championship, Championship odds, Middlesbrough, Middlesbrough Championship, Middlesbrough v Bolton