Manchester United v PSG Prediction & Betting Tips, 12th February 201911th February 2019 / lee
Manchester United v PSG Champions League Preview, 12th February 8.00pm
When this tie came out of the draw, Manchester United weren’t in great shape under Jose Mourinho. Things have changed and the Red Devils are in a strong, confident, positive frame of mind at the moment. They will also be taking on a PSG side who are missing talisman Neymar. Read our Manchester United v PSG betting tips for more.
Manchester United v PSG Betting Odds*
Man Utd 6/4
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 10th, 2019 at 7:23 p.m.)
Manchester United News and Form
Life is continuing to go well for the Red Devils who picked up another league win on the weekend. This will actually be the first ever competitive meeting between United and PSG. Manchester United only qualified in second place in their group behind Juventus. It wasn’t a comfortable ride for them at all. Last season Manchester United were knocked out at this stage by Sevilla. In the second leg of that tie, United lost 2-1 at home, ending a 21-match unbeaten run of home form in Europe.
United have lost two for their last three home games at this stage of the Champions League. During the group stage, they went W1 D1 L1 at Old Trafford. Manchester United have lost only lost five of their last 26 European games (W16 D5). Against French sides in two-legged affairs, United have won six of seven. The Reds are on a three-match winning streak at home against French sides. Their overall home record against French sides is W10 D3 L0. They have won ten of their last eleven games in all competitions now, scoring in each of their last seventeen.
PSG News and Form
PSG have lost Neymar to a long term injury, and on the weekend, Edinson Cavani picked up a knock which could keep him out of this tie. PSG topped their group, a competitive group it was as well, beating out Liverpool and Napoli along the way, finishing with a W3 D2 L1 record. PSG have gone out at this stage in their last two Champions League campaign. They hold an overall W4 L2 record in round of sixteen two-legged ties in the competition. They have won three of their six previous two-legged knockout ties against English sides.
PSG have scored in each of their last 22 Champions League games and against Liverpool in the group stage, they lost 3-2 at Anfield before winning 2-1 back on home soil. That home win was their first win over an English side in six (D3 L2). The French champions have only ever won one game in England, which was at Chelsea in 2016, part of an overall W1 D4 L5 record in England. They have beaten English opponents twice at this stage of the Champions League, both times against Chelsea in 2014/15 and in 2015/16. PSG have won nine of their last eleven games in all competitions (L2) and have scored 31 goals in that sequence.
Manchester United v PSG Tips & Odds
Who will win – Manchester United v PSG Predictions
There has to be a good opportunity here for Manchester United to get something going on home soil in this tie. PSG aren’t at their strongest and have a pretty poor record in England. Manchester United to win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Leeds v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st September 2019
- Rangers v Feyenoord Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Manchester United v Astana Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Southampton v Bournemouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th September 2019
- Wolves v Braga Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Rennes v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Bayern Munich v Red Star Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, Manchester United, Manchester United Champions League, Manchester United v PSG, PSG, PSG Champions League