Manchester City v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 7th April 20184th April 2018 / lee
Manchester City v Manchester United Premier League Preview, 7th April 5.30pm
This is it then. The Premier League title could actually be settled on Saturday evening if Manchester City do a number over their bitter rivals. That would just about be the cherry on the cake for the Citizens in this epic season of theirs. Manchester United are plodding along behind City in second place, but a long way back and short of inspiring performances at the moment it would seem.
Manchester City v Manchester United Betting Odds*
Man City 8/11, Draw 14/5, Man Utd 7/2* (Betting Odds taken at 7:32 p.m. on April 2nd, 2018)
Manchester City News and Form
Manchester City’s form has been right on the money with a five-match winning streak going and unbeaten in eight in the Premier League (W7 D1). So they are motoring along once more and they have set up this opportunity to win the league title on home soil against their greatest rivals. The Citizens have posted a W14 D1 L0 record for the season at the Etihad and they are on a fourteen match winning streak there. 40% of their home games this season have been won to nil and Manchester City to win to nil at bet365 for this clash is at 2/1 odds* (Betting Odds taken at 4:51 p.m. on April 3rd, 2018). The Citizens have scored in all of their home games this season and 60% of their games at the Etihad have ended over 3.5 goals. But because Manchester United are likely to come and park the bus then this may well fade under 2.5 goals. Of the goals that the Citizens have come up with at home in the top flight, 71% of them have occurred in the second half of matches. It really is take your pick in the anytime goalscorer market with so many City players in great scoring form. Sergio Aguero tops the pile as 11/10 favourite with bet365* (Betting Odds taken at 4:51 p.m. on April 3rd, 2018). The title is now within touching distance.
Manchester United News and Form
You look at Manchester United’s form in terms of results and fans can really have no complaints. They are on a four-match winning streak, but their style of play is what is not making the Old Trafford faithful very happy. They look pretty uninspiring. Still, they have scored at least two goals in each of their last three league games, which includes wins over Chelsea and Liverpool. They were home successes though and the Red Devils have lost two of their last three away games in the Premier League and the victory in that sequence was a tight squeeze against Crystal Palace. United’s away record this season is W8 D3 L4 but they have scored an average of 1.7 goals per game, conceding just over a goal per game away from Old Trafford. So again, it’s not bad. The Red Devils have collected only the one clean sheet in their last five league outings home and away now so that suggests vulnerability even with the brilliance of keeper David de Gea. In the bet365 correct score market for the Manchester derby, the 1-1 draw and a Man City 1-0 are joint 7/1 favourites* (Betting Odds taken at 4:51 p.m. on April 3rd, 2018). Can United temporarily at least, deny City the title?
Manchester City v Manchester United Head to Head
The Citizens took a 2-1 win at Old Trafford back in December and that leaves with two wins in the last three league meetings (D1). There was a 0-0 draw in last year’s corresponding fixture and just two of the last six meetings in all competitions have made it over two goals. In the last seven Premier League meetings, Man City are W3 D2 L2 against their rivals. City have failed to win their last two league home games against them (D1 L1) failing to score in both of those.
Who will win – Manchester City v Manchester United Predictions
City aren’t likely to blow their lines. The chance to win the league title against United. Expect them to be pumped up for this one and they should have a pretty good shot at overrunning their opponents as well. United’s levels of performance aren’t there and City can land a win to nil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Manchester City, Manchester City Premier League, Manchester City V Manchester United, Manchester United, Manchester United premier league, Premier League, Premier League odds