Malmo v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th February 201912th February 2019 / lee
Malmo v Chelsea Europa League Preview, 14th February 8.00pm
Things haven’t been going well for Chelsea on the domestic front lately, how will they fare on their trip to Sweden on Thursday in the round of 32 in the Europa League? The Blues are unbeaten in four previous matches against Swedish opposition. Read our Malmo v Chelsea betting tips for more.
Malmo v Chelsea Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 11th, 2019 at 11:18 p.m.)
Malmo v Chelsea Preview
Malmo pulled off something of an underdog success in the group stage of this season’s Europa League. They managed to complete the double over Besiktas with a win on matchday six to put themselves through to the knockout phase at the expense of the Turkish outfit. No Swedish side has ever gone beyond this stage of the competition. The most famous match that Malmo have been in against English opposition was the 1979 European Champions Clubs’ Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest which they lost 1-0.
The Swedes have just one win against English opposition. They lost their opening game of the group stage in this season’s Europa League but then went unbeaten in five (W2 D3). Malmo are currently unbeaten in their last eight European home games, drawing six of those. Actually, the Swedish outfit have not suffered a home loss in Europe since PSG beat them in the 2015/16 UEFA Champions League.
Chelsea comfortably won their Europa League group only dropping the two points along the way. They don’t produce anything spectacular, they basically just got the job done with as little effort as possible. Chelsea won two of their three away games in the group, both of them were 1-0 successes. This is just their second appearance in the round of 32 in the Europa League.
The last time that they were in the knockouts was in 2012/13 when they went on to win the tournament. The Blues are undefeated in their last nine games in the Europa League. Before their 2-2 draw at Vidi on matchday six, they were on an eight-match winning streak. Their last away defeat in Europe happened in the second leg of their 2013 campaign’s quarterfinal at Rubin Kazan. In all competitions, Chelsea are on a four-match losing streak away from home without having scored a goal.
Who will win – Malmo v Chelsea Predictions
Chelsea are going to be under pressure in this one to get the win. We can see them dusting themselves off and getting it. It’s hard to trust their defence though so Chelsea to win & both teams to score it is for 15/8 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 11th, 2019 at 11:18 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
- Brighton v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
- Aston Villa v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Chelsea, Chelsea europa league, Europa League, Europa League odds, Malmo, Malmo Europa League, Malmo v Chelsea