Luton v Sheffield Wednesday Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th January 201914th January 2019 / lee
Luton v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup Preview, 15th January 7.45pm
League One side Luton were always going to be a threat to Sheffield Wednesday in this FA Cup tie. The Hatters have gotten this tie back to home soil now and will look to press home their advantage. The winner of the tie gets a big trip to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea in the fourth round of the competition. Read our Luton v Sheffield Wednesday betting tips for more.
Luton v Sheffield Wednesday Betting Odds*
Sheffield Wednesday 2/1
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on January 13th, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.)
Luton News and Form
The Hatters are currently on a four-match sequence of drawn games in all competitions. They haven’t lost a game since back in the middle of October Last season (not counting the Football League Trophy). So even though they are the lower-ranked side in this tie, they were always likely going to be competitive. Their season at Kenilworth Road has been fantastic and they will be defending an unbeaten record there for the term. Luton are W11 D2 in thirteen home fixtures this season. They have played one home FA Cup game this season, taking a 2-0 win over Wycombe. In their three FA Cup matches, this season Luton have not conceded. The Hatters have scored at least two goals in each of their last ten games on home soil.
Sheffield Wednesday News and Form
The Owls suffered a 3-0 away loss at Hull in Championship action on the weekend, leaving them without a goal in two games now. They have found wins hard to come by this season and they only have three of them in their last sixteen played. The go into the fixture currently on a four-match winless streak of form (D3 L1). They don’t have a great deal of away from behind them either having suffered five defeats in their last eight away from Hillsborough. Their defence has not stood up well away from home at all. The Owls have taken just the three clean sheets away from home all season in all competitions. With a W1 D2 L5 record in their last eight on the road, they are underdogs. The Owls are winless in their last six visits to Kenilworth Road. This will be their first trip there since a 2007 Championship meeting.
Luton v Sheffield Wednesday Tips & Odds
Who will win – Luton v Sheffield Wednesday Predictions
Luton could well take advantage back on home soil in this tie now. The away from this season of the Owls has not been great. It’s hard not to see past Luton getting that trip to Stamford Bridge in the next round.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Genoa v Milan Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st January 2019
- Bolton v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st January 2019
- Napoli v Lazio Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
- Fulham v Tottenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
- Huddersfield v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
- Southampton v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
- Newcastle v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
- Manchester United v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
- Liverpool v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
Tags: FA Cup, FA Cup odds, Luton, Luton FA Cup, Luton v Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup