Liverpool v Genk Prediction & Betting Tips, 5th November 20194th November 2019 / lee
Liverpool v Genk Champions League Preview, 5th November 8.00pm
It has not been a campaign of performances pulled from the top drawer by Liverpool in this seasons Champions League group stage. But they are in a decent position sitting in second place behind leaders Napoli. The Reds will be looking to follow up on their comfortable win in Belgium against Genk from Matchday Three. Read our Liverpool v Genk betting tips for more.
Liverpool v Genk Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on November 4th, 2019 at 6:53 p.m.)
Liverpool News and Form
Liverpool eased to a 4-1 win in Belgium on Matchday three, and even though they are not top of Group E as they trail Napoli by a point, the Reds are well on course to make the knockout stages. After opening this campaign with a 2-0 loss in Naples, Liverpool responded with a stressful 4-3 home success over Salzburg before hitting their 4-1 win in Genk last time out. So the goals have been flowing for them. The Reds have a 100% success rate at home against Belgian teams.
In their one home game so far in the group against Salzburg, Liverpool were 3-0 up before the Austrians rattled them with a big fightback. Last season in their group stage campaign Liverpool won all three home games. They are now undefeated in their last 23 European home games (W17 D6) and they have conceded in just one of their last seven European fixtures at Anfield. Liverpool are on a six-match winning streak at home in group stage matches. Liverpool are W11 D2 L1 in the head to head with Belgium teams, holding a perfect six from six at Anfield in such matches.
Liverpool v Genk Head to Head
The Matchday Three encounter was the first meeting between the two clubs
Genk News and Form
Genk are still waiting for their first-ever Champions League proper victory. In the opening round of group stage action, Genk were torn apart in a 6-2 loss against Salzburg. Then after digging out a very good point in a 0-0 draw with Napoli, they suffered that big home defeat against Liverpool. Genk have conceded 14 goals in their last four European games (scoring four) despite that 0-0 draw with Napoli. They look to be a bit out of their depth.
The is the first season in which they actually qualified directly, having won their domestic title last season. They have lost each of their last five Champions League games out on the road, including qualification and are just W1 D3 L8 in all of their previous Champions League road games. In that sequence of 12 games, Genk have conceded 39 goals in total, scoring nine. Overall in all European away games Genk have taken a W6 D3 L3 record on the road. Their one previous visit to England ended in a 5-0 loss at Chelsea in 2011.
Liverpool v Genk Tips & Odds
Who will win – Liverpool v Genk Predictions
Because Sadio Mane is carrying Liverpool at the moment, and considering the Reds should win this easily, it’s worth backing Mane to get on the scoresheet a couple of times. It should be a comfortable night at home for the Reds as Genk look seriously short of quality to compete at this level.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Austria vs North Macedonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Northern Ireland vs Netherlands Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Cyprus vs Scotland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Azerbaijan vs Wales Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Russia vs Belgium Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Germany vs Belarus Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Israel vs Poland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Croatia vs Slovakia Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Czech Republic vs Kosovo Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th November 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, Genk, Genk Champions League, Liverpool, Liverpool Champions League, Liverpool v Genk