Lithuania v Portugal Prediction & Betting Tips, 10th September 20198th September 2019 / lee
Lithuania v Portugal Euro 2020 Qualifying Preview, 10th September 7.45pm
Portugal produced a win out in Serbia over the weekend, which was their first success of their Euro 2020 qualification campaign. They aren’t likely to take top spot in Group B over Ukraine, but should comfortably now book second place. They take on bottom side Lithuania in their next match, who have just one point from four games. Read our Lithuania v Portugal betting tips for more.
Lithuania v Portugal Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 8th, 2019 at 2:53 p.m.)
Lithuania News and Form
It is one point out of a possible twelve for Lithuania in this qualification group. It has been a fair while since they won any under any situation. Their last match victory was a 1-0 success out in Armenia back in March last year. Since then they are D3 L12 in what has been a horrible run of form. It’s unlikely that they are going to keep the Nations League Champions at bay you would think.
Lithuania are W1 D1 L4 in their last six home games in European Championship qualifiers. They have failed to score in three of those six games. Defensively they have not been anywhere near the mark as they have conceded at least two goals in all but two of their last six home qualifiers. They haven’t taken a clean sheet in six.
Lithuania v Portugal Head to Head
This will be the first meeting between the two nations
Portugal News and Form
Portugal opened their qualification campaign with back-to-back draws against Ukraine and Serbia. They then took a 4-2 win over Serbia on Saturday. They are trailing group leaders Ukraine by eight heading into this game against Lithuania, having played two games less. They are ahead of Luxembourg and Serbia who are just a point back, but then Portugal have played a game less than both of those. So Portugal will be expected to get a top-two finish at the end of the day.
Portugal are on a three-match winning streak at the moment after their success in the Nations League finals. In total they are undefeated in their last eleven, having won six of those. So they are a tough side to break down. No player for Portugal in this qualification campaign has managed more than one goal so far. Portugal are unbeaten in their last ten European Championship qualifiers, winning eight of those.
Lithuania v Portugal Tips & Odds
Who will win – Lithuania v Portugal Predictions
This should be a routine success for Portugal out on the road against a team who hasn’t won for a long time. There should be a clean sheet as well for them in the fixture because they are a good defensive team. A Portugal 2-0 success looks about right.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifying, Euro 2020 Qualifying odds, lithuania, Lithuania Euro 2020 Qualifying, Lithuania v Portugal, Portugal, Portugal Euro 2020 Qualifying