Lincoln v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th August 201927th August 2019 / lee
Lincoln v Everton EFL Cup Preview, 28th August 7.45pm
League One side Lincoln City get a big night out as they play host to Premier League opposition in the League Cup on Wednesday night. The Imps will be welcoming Everton to Sincil Bank. Read our Lincoln v Everton betting tips for more.
Lincoln v Everton Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 29th, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.)
Lincoln News and Form
Lincoln are pretty heavy underdogs for this one but it is a good night for them to enjoy the occasion, regardless. Lincoln opened the season strongly with three straight wins in the league and EFL cup. They didn’t concede a single goal in any of those opening games either. Their first-round success in the League Cup came out at Championship side Huddersfield.
The Terriers were of course and Premier League side last season. But Lincoln have crashed since to back to back 2-1 defeats in the league. So, their form has just deserted them a little bit. The Imps have won just two of their last nine League Cup ties, although they have both been inside their last three competition games.
Everton News and Form
For all of their hype and expectation coming into the new season, Everton haven’t exactly hit the ground running. They suffered a 2-0 defeat at Aston Villa in the Premier League on the weekend. That is one goal scored in three Premier League outings so far. So things haven’t quite clicked for them yet but they do on paper have a squad which is full of pretty high potential.
Everton have alternated between a win and loss in their last eight League Cup ties. Last season they were dumped out in the third round by Southampton via a penalty shootout. It is interesting to take a look at their away form specifically in the League Cup. Everton have lost five of their last eight EFL cup away ties. Granted the last two have been against Manchester City and Chelsea.
Lincoln v Everton Tips & Odds
Who will win – Lincoln v Everton Predictions
Everton should really have too much class and power for Lincoln to handle in this fixture. It may however just be worth having a flutter on both teams to score as the Toffees have just one clean sheet in their last nine League Cup games on the road.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: EFL Cup, EFL Cup odds, Everton, Everton EFL Cup, Lincoln, Lincoln EFL Cup, Lincoln v Everton