Lille v Valencia Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 201921st October 2019 / lee
Lille v Valencia Champions League Preview, 23rd October 8.00pm
This is action from Group H which is Chelsea’s group. This is shaping up to be one of the most competitive and wide-open of the groups in this season’s Champions League. Valencia are sat on three points heading into match day three, while Lille needs to come up with a big home response they look for the first points. Read our Lille v Valencia betting tips for more.
Lille v Valencia Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 20th, 2019 at 9:02 p.m.)
Lille News and Form
Lille suffered a home defeat against Chelsea on match day two, which leaves them struggling having lost on match day one 3-0 against Ajax. So they are in some early trouble. The French side are a better home team than they are out on the road, so the defeat against Chelsea was a little bit of an upset. They really need to get up to speed to try and qualify. This campaign is their first in seven seasons in the group stage and their home games look their best chance at getting rewards.
Lille however, are without a win in any of their last nine Champions League home games (not including qualifying). In their last appearance back in the 2012/13 season, Les Dogues suffered a defeat in all three home games. The last time they won a home game in Europe was 2012. They are D4 L6 on home soil since then. At home against Spanish visitors, Lille are W2 D3 L1. The one loss there was against Valencia in 2012. Lille have not scored more than one goal in any of their preivous 11 games against Spanish opposition.
Lille v Valencia Head to Head
Valencia have a W3 D1 record against Lille
They first met in the 2009/10 Europa League
Then again in the 2012/13 UCL group stage
Valencia have won their last two against Lille to nil
Valencia News and Form
Valencia started with a great away win at Chelsea on match day one, but they couldn’t build on that as they were beaten 3-0 by Ajax in their second game in the group. Their success at Chelsea snapped a five-match winless streak of Champions League away games for Valencia (D2 L3). It was only their fourth success in their last 11 road games in the competition (D3 L4). The Spaniards have come up with a total of only two goals in their last six away games in the Champions League.
In last season’s cam mapping they finished third behind Juventus and Man Utd. The last time that they went to France it ended in a 1-0 success for them at Lyon in the 2015/16 Champions League. Valencia has a good record in France of W5 D5 L2. They have suffered just the four defeats in their previous 24 fixtures against French opposition (W15 D5). Three of those five losses though have happened in their last six such fixtures.
Lille v Valencia Tips & Odds
Who will win – Lille v Valencia Predictions
This will probably end up being a tight game, but Valencia do hold a pretty solid record against French opposition. So they are the ones who just edge towards favouritism in this fixture. They may be able to prevail in northern France. Away win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Austria vs North Macedonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Northern Ireland vs Netherlands Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Cyprus vs Scotland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Azerbaijan vs Wales Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Russia vs Belgium Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Germany vs Belarus Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Israel vs Poland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Croatia vs Slovakia Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Czech Republic vs Kosovo Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th November 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, Lille, Lille Champions League, Lille v Valencia, Valencia, Valencia Champions League