Leeds v Wigan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 201916th April 2019 / lee
Leeds v Wigan Championship Preview, 19th April 3.00pm
Leeds have won their last two league games and if they keep that going until the end of the season, they will guarantee automatic promotion. This isn’t a bad home game for them as well with Wigan struggling to avoid relegation. The Latics are two points clear of the drop zone. Read our Leeds v Wigan betting tips for more.
Leeds v Wigan Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on April 16th, 2019 at 4:58 p.m.)
Leeds News and Form
Leeds took a home win over Sheffield Wednesday last weekend, so that is back to back league successes for them. At Elland Road, they have produced a W14 D3 L4 record this season and they have won five of their last six there. Leeds have won their last two on home soil and this one will be their penultimate home league game for the season. Leeds have averaged 1.7 goals per home game this season. Defensively they have conceded at under a goal per home fixture.
Leeds have banked a clean sheet in 43% of their home games this season. They have not been involved in a home draw in any of their last 13 at Elland Road. Leeds have scored two-thirds of their home goals in the second period of fixtures. They have opened the scoring in 12 of their home fixtures. Leeds have the joint-best home record this season in the Championship alongside leaders Norwich. They have the third-best defence as well and the Whites are the fourth highest scorers.
Leeds v Wigan Head to Head
Leeds earned a 2-1 away win over Wigan earlier this season
Leeds are unbeaten in their last four against the Latics
Wigan are W2 D2 L1 in their five previous games at Elland Road
The overall head to head is even at four wins each and four draws
Wigan News and Form
Wigan held out for a good point at home against Norwich on the weekend. They are only the two points above the drop zone though heading back into the weekend so have some work to do. It has been a poor season away from home that they have had, with just a W1 D4 L16 record behind them. The Latics have averaged under a goal per away game, while they have collected exactly two goals per road game on average.
Wigan have lost four of their last five out on their travels, but they have scored in all but one of their last seven away from home. They have not won any of their last 19 league away games though and in that span of matches haven’t earned a clean sheet either. They have conceded at least two goals in each of their last five away games. Each of those five went over 2.5 goals. Wigan have scored 74% of their away goals in the first period of fixtures.
Leeds v Wigan Tips & Odds
Who will win – Leeds v Wigan Predictions
Leeds surely have to take their chances in this one at Elland Road. Wigan have had a dreadful season on the road and the Whites can pounce in this one. Leeds to win to nil looks a solid enough proposition.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Swansea v Rotherham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 2019
- Huddersfield v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th April 2019
- Bournemouth v Fulham Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th April 2019
- Manchester City v Tottenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th April 2019
- West Brom v Hull Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 2019
- Bolton v Aston Villa Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 2019
- Middlesbrough v Stoke Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 2019
- Norwich v Sheffield Wednesday Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 2019
- Sheffield United v Nottingham Forest Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th April 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Leeds, Leeds Championship, Leeds v Wigan, Wigan, Wigan Championship