Leeds v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st September 201918th September 2019 / lee
Leeds v Derby Championship Preview, 21st September 12.30pm
Champions leaders Leeds will fancy their chances of collecting another three points on the weekend. The Whites have won four of their last five games, positive form which is in stark contrast to the slump that the Rams are in. Derby are winless in six now as they head to Elland Road. Read our Leeds v Derby betting tips for more.
Leeds v Derby Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 17th, 2019 at 3.21 a.m.)
Leeds News and Form
It has been a fantastic return of W5 D1 L1 from Leeds this season in the Championship. They have taken a win in four of their last five played (L1) the one defeat happening at home against Swansea. That leaves them with a W1 D1 L1 record on home soil in league action for the campaign. All three of their home games have finished under 2.5 goals as well so there is a trend to start with.
The goal in their 1-0 loss against Swansea is the only goal conceded by them in their last five games. They have conceded a total of three all season. All three of those goals against Leeds have happened in the second half of fixtures this season. Leeds themselves have scored nine of their twelve goals after the half time break. So while the Whites are up there setting a very good early pace, Derby will have hope from the fact that Leeds are only W1 D2 L3 in their last six league home games.
Leeds v Derby Head to Head
Leeds are W3 D1 L2 in their last six league games against Derby
The two traded away wins in last season’s league meetings
Three of the last four league meetings have ended in an away win
Four of the last six between Leeds and Derby have gone over 2.5 goals
Derby News and Form
The Rams are in a tough spot at the moment, not having won a league game since the opening weekend of the campaign. They are D4 L2 in their last six league games, with no clean sheet in their last five played. The Rams suffered a heavy 3-0 loss at Brentford in their last away game which leaves them at W1 D1 L1 on the road this season in the second tier. The positive is that they are scoring goals.
They have hit the back of the net in five of their seven games this season. Derby have also opened the scoring in four of their seven league games this season, but have been leading at half time in just two. 80% of the goals that Derby have conceded this season have happened in the first half of matches, while they have scored five of their last seven in the first half of games. It’s not happening for them at the moment.
Leeds v Derby Tips & Odds
Who will win – Leeds v Derby Predictions
Derby aren’t quite there in quality and while Leeds don’t have much home form going for them at the moment, they are at least in a stronger position. They have the extra quality and better confidence about them. Leeds have won three of the last four meetings between the two of them. Leeds to win to nil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Lille v Valencia Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- Slavia Prague v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- QPR v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd October 2019
- Benfica v Lyon Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- Genk v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- Ajax v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- Club Brugge v PSG Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd October 2019
- Salzburg v Napoli Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Derby, Derby Championship, Leeds, Leeds Championship, Leeds v Derby