Lazio v Sevilla Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th February 201912th February 2019 / lee
Lazio v Sevilla Europa League Preview, 14th February 5.55pm
This is going to be some clash. It is a real highlight of the round of 32 in the Europa League. Lazio will be looking for positive result at home in his first leg. But they are going to face a stern test from Sevilla who were top scorers in the group stage. Read our Lazio v Sevilla betting tips for more.
Lazio v Sevilla Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 11th, 2019 at 11:18 p.m.)
Lazio v Sevilla Preview
Lazio’s record against Spanish opponents is W5 D4 L9. This is a tough tie for them and what they can get out of this one at the Stadio Olimpico is going to be vitally important. The last time they met a Spanish side was in the 2011/12 Europa League when they lost to Atletico Madrid at this very stage. In the group stage of this season’s Europa League Lazio finished as runners up behind German side Frankfurt, collecting half of the points Frankfurt did.
Still, Lazio qualified with two games to spare. The Italians have taken a win in three of their five previous round of 32 ties in the Europa League. They hold a W3 L2 record at this stage of the competition on home soil. Both of those defeats in that sequence were in the first leg of ties, the three wins were second legs. Lazio have won 11 of their last 15 (D2 L2) home games in Europe. Their home record in the knockout stage of the Europa League is W5 D2 L3.
Sevilla finished seventh in last season’s LA Liga which mean that they had to start all the way back in the second qualification round this season. They won all six of their qualification matches. Then in the group stage, they topped their section with 12 points, scoring 18 goals. No teams scored more than that in the first round of action. From their three previous appearances at this stage of the competition, Sevilla have won the tournament three times.
The Spaniards have won ten of their 12 European matches this season totalling 35 goals and conceding just seven. They have only won two of their last seven games outside of Spain though. One was against Akhisar on matchday four. The other was their 2016 Final victory over Liverpool. Sevilla hold a W3 D2 L5 record against Italian clubs. Sevilla and Chelsea are the only two former Europa League Winners left in this season’s competition.
Who will win – Lazio v Sevilla Predictions
This should be a really tight scrap between them. It could all boil down to which of them does that little bit better on home soil. We can see them both winning their home legs, so we’ll stick with Lazio opening with a win at 11/8 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 11th, 2019 at 11:18 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Blackburn v Bolton Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Wigan v Preston Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Brentford v Leeds Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Stoke v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Reading v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Derby v QPR Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Rotherham v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Everton v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st April 2019
Tags: Europa League, Europa League odds, Lazio, Lazio Europa League, Lazio v Sevilla, Sevilla, Sevilla Europa League