Lazio v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 7th November 20197th November 2019 / lee
Lazio v Celtic Europa League Preview, 7th November 5.55pm
Following a 2-1 win at home against Lazio in the last round of action, Celtic are sitting top of Group E. It means that even a point out in Italy on Thursday night would leave Celtic in a very good position as Lazio are four points adrift of them. The Italians really need to make a move with only three points on the board. Read our Lazio v Celtic betting tips for more.
Lazio v Celtic Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on November 6th, 2019 at 12:02 p.m.)
Lazio News and Form
Lazio are struggling with three points on the board from their three games played. Their campaign got off with a hiccup after they lost 2-0 against CFR Cluj. After picking up a home win over Rennes by a 2-1 scoreline, they were to taste defeat again as they paid a visit to Glasgow for the first time. That was Lazio’s first-ever game against a Scottish team. They had been ahead at the break thanks to Manuel Lazzari.
But they couldn’t hold on, conceding the telling blow in the 89th minute. They have a decent home record in the Europa League group stage do Lazio. They have are W15 D4 L3 from their previous such games. They were on a 17 match undefeated streak of home form in the group stage until they lost on Matchday Six against Eintracht Frankfurt last season. The Biancocelesti have qualified from the group stage in each of their last six UEFA Europa League group stage participations.
Lazio v Celtic Head to Head
The Matchday Three meeting was the first encounter between the two teams
Celtic News and Form
Celtic now are in a fantastic position in this group and draw out in Italy would suit them. They showed a decent bit of character to fight back on Matchday Three and get their win. Last season they lost five of eight matches in the UEFA Europa League. So they are doing much better this time around with seven points from three games. Both wins in this campaign happened at home, the first against Cluj and then against Lazio.
Out on the road they earned a 1-1 draw at Rennes. Celtic don’t have a great record against Italian opposition. Their win over Lazio was just their sixth from 26 previous fixtures. None of the six wins that Celtic have taken against Italian opposition have happened in Italy. Celtic’s record in Italy is a very poor D3 L9. In five of their last six visits there, they have come away with a defeat and not having scored. The one time they avoided defeat in that sequence was in a 1-1 draw against Udinese.
Lazio v Celtic Tips & Odds
Who will win – Lazio v Celtic Predictions
Lazio need a response and Celtic do have a terrible away record in Italy and have netted just one goal in their last six visits there. So that paints a pretty clear picture and the home win to nil looks an appealing option for the game.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Austria vs North Macedonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Northern Ireland vs Netherlands Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Cyprus vs Scotland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Azerbaijan vs Wales Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Russia vs Belgium Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Germany vs Belarus Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Israel vs Poland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Croatia vs Slovakia Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Czech Republic vs Kosovo Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th November 2019
Tags: Celtic, Celtic europa league, Europa League, Europa League odds, Lazio, Lazio Europa League, Lazio v Celtic