LASK Linz v Club Brugge Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th August 201919th August 2019 / lee
LASK Linz v Club Brugge Champions League Preview, 20th August 8.00pm
Austrian side Linz are looking to create a little bit of history for themselves. They are on the brink of making the Champions League group stage for the first time. Standing in their way though is Club Brugge, the Belgians getting the better of Dynamo Kyiv in the last round to set up this clash. Read our LASK Linz v Club Brugge betting tips for more.
LASK Linz v Club Brugge Betting Odds*
LASK Linz 13/10
Club Brugge 19/10
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 18th, 2019 at 4:16 p.m.)
LASK Linz News and Form
This is the Champions League playoff debut for Linz and this is going to be just their fifth game in the European Cup/Champions League in their history. They were runners up in the Austrian top flight last season and made their return to European action last season for the first time since 2000.
They were in the Europa League second qualifying round last season and got past that but fell to Besiktas in the third qualifying round. This is the first time that they have ever met a Belgian side. Linz entered at the third qualifying round in this season’s UEFA Champions League campaign and collected a 5-2 aggregate win over FC Basel, winning both legs. That was a pretty impressive result against a strong side.
LASK Linz v Club Brugge Head to Head
This tie is the first meetings between the two clubs
Club Brugge News and Form
The Belgians have been in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League in two of the last three seasons. In total they have made six previous visits to the group stage of the competition. They were runners up in their domestic league last season. In last season’s Champions League group stage, Club Brugge finished third behind Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid and were then knocked out in the round of 32 of the Europa League by Salzburg.
The Belgians have a record of W4 D2 L5 against Austrian sides and they are on a three-match winning streak at home against Austrian teams. So they should look forward to the second leg. This is just the second time that Club Brugge have appeared in the Champions League playoff, losing their prior appearance at this stage against Manchester United. They knocked out Dynamo Kyiv to set up this clash.
LASK Linz v Club Brugge Tips & Odds
Who will win – LASK Linz v Club Brugge Predictions
We are going to lean towards the home team in this one to come up with something to make the tie very interesting from the off. It looks as if it could be a fairly evenly balanced contest, even though the Belgians will fancy their chances highly back at home.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, Club Brugge, Club Brugge Champions League, LASK Linz, LASK Linz Champions League, LASK Linz v Club Brugge