Juventus v Sassuolo Prediction & Betting Tips – 16th September 201813th September 2018 / lee
Juventus v Sassuolo Serie A, 16th September 2.00pm
It has been business as usual for Juventus with three wins from three at the start of the new season. When the fixture list was drawn up not many would have expected this to be a top-two clash in mid-September. But that’s what it is as Sassuolo have started strongly as well, having remained undefeated so far. Read our Juventus v Sassuolo betting tips for more.
Juventus v Sassuolo Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 12th, 2018 at 1:14 p.m.)
Juventus v Sassuolo Betting Tips
Juventus have collected three wins from their first three games of the new season and they have scored at least two goals in each of those games as well. Because their opponents have been scoring well this season then expecting over 2.5 goals isn’t all that unreasonable of an option. But it’s short odds so for our Juventus v Sassuolo betting tips we can looking at Juventus & Over 2.5 goals option at 8/13 odds* (betting odds taken on September 12th, 2018 at 9:04 pm). That has happened in two of the three league games this season.
Juventus have also scored at least two goals in each of their last four games against Sassuolo. Cristiano Ronaldo, who asked to sit out the recent international duties with Portugal, is still looking for his first goal with his new club. The Juventus man is the 2/1 first goalscorer favorite* (betting odds taken on September 12th, 2018 at 9:04 pm) for this game, despite not having hit the back of the net yet. Juve are such a powerful side in Turin and they showed that again last season with a W16 D1 L2 record on home soil in Serie A. Their one home game this season saw them beat Lazio 2-0.
So can Sassuolo come up with something special? They have opened the season with a W2 D1 record and this is a side who finished in mid-table last season. They also only managed to score 29 league goals all season, the lowest tally of all the sides in the division. But they have started this season with a bang. They opened with a shock home win over Inter, before playing out a draw at Cagliari. Just before the international break, they rolled out a 5-3 win over Genoa in a cracking fixture having been 4-1 up at half time. So that’s a lot of goals flying around from them, but they have conceded five in their last two.
Juventus v Sassuolo Head to Head
This will be just the eleventh meeting between the two clubs and that previous head to head has been dominated by Juventus. Juventus are W8 D1 L1 in their last ten meetings against Sassuolo and Juve have won all five of their previous home games against them, conceding just the one goal in the process. Juventus took a 7-0 home win over them last season.
Who will win – Juventus v Sassuolo Predictions
Even though Sassuolo deserve some credit for their strong opening to the season, it still looks likely that the home side are going to bag maximum points. We are going to go and back the simple option of Juventus to win and over 2.5 goals for the fixture.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
- Brighton v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
- Aston Villa v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Juventus, Juventus Serie A, Juventus v Sassuolo, Sassuolo, Sassuolo Serie A, Serie A, Serie A odds