Jamaica Women v Italy Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th June 201912th June 2019 / lee
Jamaica Women v Italy Women Women’s World Cup Preview, 14th June 5.00pm
Italy pulled off a shock win over Australia in their opening match of the Women’s World Cup. It means that they can now drive themselves towards the next round with a win over Jamaica. Can the improving Italians get the job done? Jamaica suffered a 3-0 loss against Brazil in their opener but played a pretty positive and competitive game. Read our Jamaica Women v Italy Women betting tips for more.
Jamaica Women v Italy Women Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on June 12th, 2019 at 3:44 p.m.)
Jamaica Women News and Form
Jamaica could get no change out of Brazil in their opening game, but they were pretty competitive nonetheless. They were certainly not afraid to have a go and had no intention of just sitting back. That is back to back defeats which Jamaica have suffered now, conceding exactly three goals in each of those, after losing 3-2 against Scotland in their final warm-up match.
Because of the quality of opposition that they generally face, it’s hard to look at their form and see how it’s going to stand up on this stage. They strolled through their Women’s World Cup qualification campaign (aside from games against USA and Canada) for example. They have a young squad and they bring a lot of energy. But is the quality there?
Italy Women News and Form
Heading into the World Cup, Italy were pegged as a good dark horse contender and that was because of improving form. They have done very well to position themselves as one of the big emerging nations who look to be closing the gap on the elite in the game. They covered themselves in glory with an opening 2-1 win over Australia. Italy had fallen behind in the game but drew themselves level in the 56th minute. Just when it looked as if they would be collecting their opponent, Barbara Bonansea popped up with her second of the game in the 95th minute to give Italy a 2-1 win.
Bonansea is at 11/10 as an anytime goalscorer for this one* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on June 12th, 2019 at 3:44 p.m.). That win for the Italians shook things up in the group, which also contains Brazil. So if things go Italy’s way in this next round of fixtures, they could actually qualify for the next round, with a game to spare. It is a three-match winning streak that Italy are currently on now, but they have been struggling for the clean sheets. They have not taken one in any of their last six fixtures played now, but despite that, they have posted a very positive W4 D1 L1 record in that sequence. They look full of energy and with a striker in form, they are now well positioned.
Jamaica Women v Italy Women Tips & Odds
Who will win – Jamaica Women v Italy Women Predictions
Italy are on a positive swing of form and even though they have not been getting clean sheets, there’s a decent chance that they will win to nil in this one. They should find the gaps in the Jamaican defence, which is likely to tire after their big effort against Brazil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Atletico Madrid v Getafe Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Wolves v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th August 2019
- Sheffield United v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Chelsea v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Reading v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Sunderland v Portsmouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
- Southampton v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
Tags: Italy Women, Italy Women Women's World Cup, Jamaica Women, Jamaica Women v Italy Women, Jamaica Women Women's World Cup, women's world cup, Women's World Cup odds