Italy v Finland Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd March 201919th March 2019 / lee
Italy v Finland Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 23rd March 7.45pm
After their a major mishap of not qualifying for the 2018 World Cup, Italy will be looking to put in a confident and strong display at home against Finland on the weekend. This is the start of their Euro 2020 qualification campaign and not the kind of game that they will want to let points slip in. Read our Italy v Finland betting tips for more.
Italy v Finland Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
Italy v Finland Preview
What next for the Azzurri? After missing out on World Cup 2018 they have been going through a transitional period. They don’t look to have things figured out quite yet. In the Nations League last year they took second place behind group winners Portugal, with Poland getting relegated from group. In their two home games, Italy drew with both of them and only managed to pick up two goals in their four fixtures in the group. Scoring has become a bit of a problem for Italy as they have not managed to score more than one goal in any of their last eight international fixtures.
It has happened once in their last 10 only. Each of their last seven international fixtures have ended up under 2.5 goals and Italy have returned just three goals in their last five played. Each of Italy’s last four home games have ended in a draw. They just need to get some winning momentum going and in a relatively easy group here against Finland, Greece, Armenia, Lichtenstein and their strongest contenders for qualification Bosnia and Herzegovina, they should find their feet.
Finland will be hoping to collect a point on their trip to Italy in their Euro 2020 qualification opener. The Eagle Owls have lost three of their last four games though, and each of those were outside of Finland. Finland only managed to produce one goal in a four-match sequence. That one goal, however, was enough to give them an international friendly victory over Sweden back in January. Before that slump in form, Finland was on a great five-match winning streak.
Four of those were in their Nations League campaign as they raced out of the blocks boasting four straight victories. They lost their last two in the group but that didn’t matter because they had done enough by then to earn promotion up to League B. They did suffer to defeats away from home in the group at Hungary and Greece, Finland failing to score in either of those. This is clearly a step up in opposition for Finland, but they may fancy their chances with a good strong defensive display.
Who will win – Italy v Finland Predictions
Even though the form of Italy hasn’t been great they have been facing stiff opposition than Finland recently. This may be a closer game than expected because the visitors may not be quite the walkover they are expected to be. Still, Italy to win to nil at 8/11 odds has the appeal* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- France Women v USA Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Venezuela v Argentina Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Norway Women v England Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th June 2019
- Netherlands Women v Japan Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Italy Women v China Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Croatia U21 v England U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- France U21 v Romania U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Chile v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Ecuador v Japan Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Finland, Finland Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Italy, Italy Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Italy v Finland