Ireland v Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th November 201813th November 2018 / lee
Ireland v Northern Ireland International Friendly Preview, 15th November 7.45pm
Both sides can be forgiven if they are going to be a bit distracted in this game. Before they both return to Nations League action they could both find themselves relegated from their respective groups. So they will all be keeping one eye on that at least. Can anyone come up with a winner in this fixture? Read our Ireland v Northern Ireland betting tips for more.
Ireland v Northern Ireland Betting Odds*
Northern Ireland 13/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on November 12th, 2018 at 1:52 p.m.)
Ireland News and Form
It has been a tough period of results for Ireland who have failed to win any of their last four games with a D2 L2 record. They have only produced the one victory in their last nine games overall too (D3 L5). So they could really do with the lift of a win in this one, but they have failed to even score in four of their last six as well. Both teams not to score is at 8/11 odds* (betting odds taken on November 12th, 2018 at 4:59 pm). They have, however, scored in all but one of their last four home games played against Northern Ireland.
In the head to head between Ireland v Northern Ireland, it is Ireland who are ahead with a W4 D4 L2 record. They have only suffered the one defeat in their last eight games against Northern Ireland so that is a positive for them. With neither of these two carrying much form, then under 2.5 goals is at 11/20 odds* (betting odds taken on November 12th, 2018 at 4:59 pm). Ireland have three clean sheets in their last four games against Northern Ireland. Ireland have won one of their last four home games (W1 D2 L1). If Denmark take at least a point against Wales on Friday night, Ireland will find themselves relegated from their Nations League group.
Northern Ireland News and Form
Northern Ireland too then are out of form as well with three losses having been suffered in their last four games. When they get back Nations League action on November 18th against Austria, they could have already been relegated unless the Austrians lose against Bosnia in the meantime. Northern Ireland have failed to score in seven of their last ten. In the correct score market an Ireland 1-0 is at 5/1 odds* (betting odds taken on November 12th, 2018 at 4:59 pm)
Northern Ireland have managed to win just two of their last eleven fixtures, losing seven of those, so have been struggling for a while. This will be their first meeting with Ireland since 2011, but the last time that they played in Dublin, which was back in 1999, they did get a 1-0 away win on the board. Kyle Lafferty is back in the Northern Ireland squad after his absence from the last two games. They also get back Seamus Coleman and Robbie Brady so have experienced heads returning to the fold.
Who will win – Ireland v Northern Ireland Predictions
The importance of the upcoming Nations League games is likely going to take the shine off this one. There’s no need for either to go full tilt at this and both will be looking ahead to those competitive fixtures. A Dublin draw looks likely.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Nürnberg v Borussia Dortmund Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Huesca v Athletic Bilbao Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: International Friendly, International Friendly odds, Ireland, Ireland International Friendly, Ireland v Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland International Friendly